Post Your Rig! Must Include a Mark V.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry, they all see the light of day multiple times a month. :) the paul, the telestrat both go with me to electric gigs and the guild and the martin travel with me to acoustic gigs.

the tele bode and the strat neck sit in storage :eek: :lol:

RigPic1.jpg

Rack in Transition....not yet completed

TransitionRack.jpg

RackPedalTray.jpg

mejoshee said:
is that a class a blue mod cooler?! man, must've set you back a fortune! :lol:

hats off to primo fx!

:lol: Yeah...lol, My XTC is w/o a cab right now as I sold the Diezel cab I was using with it. Currently waiting on ordering a Mills Acoustics 2x12 (after I sell off some stuff not being used (and not pictured).

The XTC sounds great though through the Mesa 1x12 ported cab sitting underneath the MK V. Wish they made that cab in a 2x12. Best sounding 1x12 I've heard.

The first pic is of my perfect rig; the Mark V on top of the 1x15 w/ EV on top of a Recto 2x12 with minimal pedals. I realized I only need/use a little delay with even less chorus (both in the loop) and the tuner through the Tuner Out so I can plug direct into the head. I went Midi for about a week (second pic) and went back to the footswitch because, for what I used, the extra gear wasn't worth it. I managed to get my Mark V to sound exactly like my Mark IV so I put the IV back in the combo and use that (with a Recto 1x12) for smaller gigs and it sounds the same. The magic for my tone is the mix of EV and Celestion. I've strayed, but always come back to that magic recipe.

DSC00980.jpg

DSC00975.jpg

DSC00979.jpg

JAZZGEAR said:
RigPic1.jpg

Rack in Transition....not yet completed

TransitionRack.jpg

RackPedalTray.jpg

My MKV Head is the same color as your combo and cab. The only difference is that I opted for black hands corners and piping.

Hello all,

New to this board. I own a Mark IV & LOVE it!!! Had this head since 1996. Here's my rig

DSCN1980.jpg

I play through a 1961 reissue Gibson SG (and as for the American deluxe strat, which is nice for what it is with the samarium cobalt noiseless pickups, I'm thinking of putting a humbucker in the bridge, because the thin sound of the single-coils doesn't cut it for most of my applications... however, I love the bluesy wailing of the neck singlecoil at many times.)

I use my SKB PS-45 pedalboard to supply power to pedals, but I don't like to use it for connecting amplifiers in an A/B scenario. I run my SG into a Fulltone Clyde Wah, and then into a Visual Sound H20 stereo chorus, which then splits A/B to my express 5:25 and mark V. I have a boss FBM-1 between the stero chorus and the express. I love the amazing sounds you can get out of both amps, and each is a powerhouse on its own!

Hello, I have just ordered a mark v and recto 212v both in bubinga. I did some research on the internet to try to find some ata cases but the ones I see are "live in", I need ones that are not live in. What I am looking for is two ata cases one for the head and one for the cab because I don't want to scratch up the wood transporting them to and from band practice.

Does anyone here know of a place that might make none live in ata cases?

Thank You,
Larry

TheOath said:
Hello, I have just ordered a mark v and recto 212v both in bubinga. I did some research on the internet to try to find some ata cases but the ones I see are "live in", I need ones that are not live in. What I am looking for is two ata cases one for the head and one for the cab because I don't want to scratch up the wood transporting them to and from band practice.

Does anyone here know of a place that might make none live in ata cases?

Thank You,
Larry

What do you mean, live in? Doesn't Mesa Boogie sell ata cases.
You are a brave soul gigging with those nice cabs. Post pics when you get them.

Jim, I didn't notice ata cases on the mesa site, but in any case - live in means the head and the cab stay in the case when it is in use.
They have panels that com off to expose the controls.

I want to have one that i can lift off then have the cab and head on there own.

The reason i spent the extra cash on wood is, I plan to have this amp a long time and I want it to look good 10 years from now.

So i know up front if I don't get those cases, I will scratch the hell out of the wood transporting to and fro.

I have placed my order and I am on week 2, no clue on how long its going to take for thm to make it.

I will post pics when i get it, I think the 212 vertical in a hard wood is rare as i have not found any pictures of one on line.

Larry

PS - completion date, jan 12th -estimated. Yikes.

Did the mesa engineering emblem come with the amp? Is that something you requested?

goneloco said:
Did the mesa engineering emblem come with the amp? Is that something you requested?

I bought the mesa engineering emblem before i recieved my mark V head on june..... and i installed it as soon as i got the amp.

I just love how it looks!!! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back