Post Your Rig! Must Include a Mark V.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supreeth said:
theroan said:
Totally agree, there's something emasculating about a rig that only goes to your knees lol.

LOL yeah, and seeing some of these rigs I am totally gassing for a 4x12 like you even though I don't have a vehicle in which I can transport it if I'm playing gigs. My little Mazda 3 can haul a 2x12 vertical but not sure about the 4x12!!

cheers,
Supreeth
believe me, I will never haul around a 4/12 since I discovered the power and glory of the Thiele-check my earlier post-the Coliseums on top of the opposing Thieles will emasculate anything in its path! :)

I recommend getting something smaller if you get a 4x12. I fucked my back lifting it into the car on my own. Had to see the physiotherapist 3 times in 2 weeks. It's just got better now after a lot of TLC and rest.

I own a eminence 2X12 which has the speakers positioned diagonally. Looks like a mini quad box. Good for rehearsing.

I bought it because my Datsun 260z doesn't take a 4X12. Now I just use my girlfriends car to get the mesa quad to gigs.

6290_200748375598_585970598_7635088_3581_n.jpg

Alright... got a chance to snap an updated rig picture today...

DSC_0707.JPG

The actual "rig" includes the rack (with Axess buffer, Damage Control Glass Nexus, and Rocktron Patchmate) + Mark V + Roadster + (2) Randall 2x12 cabs (one open back with CL80's, one closed back with V30's) + Rocktron MIDImate.

The other amps (Lonestar Special, Stiletto Ace, ElectraDyne, Egnater JTM45, Vox AC30CCH) get wired up for studio projects as needed. I also have an H&K Triamp (6L6 version) and Fuchs-modded Traynor YBA-1 (currently in the shop).

--B

Here´s my MKV head, just came in yesterday. I just gave it a quick rundown through the speaker in my LLS (rest of my rig is in storage with my bands backline). It actually sounded quite nice through the 1x12 speaker - can´t wait to try it out with bigger cabs!!!

I ordered a tan grille but it came with the gold one - I´m not sure yes if I´m going to have it changed to the tan grille (maybe I´ll just have my dealer order a gold grill for my cabs...)

DSCN0970.jpg

DSCN0962.jpg

DSCN0974.jpg

Oldschool said:
Here´s my MKV head, just came in yesterday. I just gave it a quick rundown through the speaker in my LLS (rest of my rig is in storage with my bands backline). It actually sounded quite nice through the 1x12 speaker - can´t wait to try it out with bigger cabs!!!

I ordered a tan grille but it came with the gold one - I´m not sure yes if I´m going to have it changed to the tan grille (maybe I´ll just have my dealer order a gold grill for my cabs...)

Bummer that it doesn't match your cabs, but that gold grill is pretty sweet looking. :)

--B

My cabs are black, so I had already made arrangements to get extra grilles from Mesa - put I had planned on getting tan-grilles.

Latest posts

Back