Post Your Rig! Must Include a Mark V.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
babow2 said:
Here's my gear (excluding effects), one photo with guitars, one without. Do I get bonus points for having a Mk V custom wood combo and separate headshell? Is that like a MkV+?

gtrznamps_1.jpg

amps_1.jpg

Hey man, I've been interested in the RA100. So tell me what you honestly think about it? Can you get metal and classic rock tones out of it. Not just usable but great classic rock tones?

PS: Oh and NOT FAIR you live in Petaluma CA. You work at Boogie?

I can now officially post on the boogie board, being a recent Mark V custom wood combo owner (48 hours).My Rig's really small, but nice (Still lacks a bit of pedals, and 2 or 3 guitars, but hey, I'm 18 and only starting to gig !). Sorry, I didn't have time to take a pic yet, but I was so excited I had to tell you about my rig :p
My main guitar is a Dean Soltero that will be equipped soon with Les Paul classic 57's pickups (plus at the bridge). I also have a Stratocaster, that I don't play that often. For my (many) jazz needs (I'm currently studying jazz and classical guitar in college), I have a Flatwounded Gretsch electromatic (pretty good clean sounding archtop guitar !), an Semi-Hollow Ibanez Artist series, and a luthier classical guitar, made to fit my hand and my style. I have a second hand taylor acoustic guitar, too. I have some Gibson on my wishlist, but the price tag would've prevented me from buying this WONDERFUL amp that is the mark V.
Between my guitars and my little gem, I only have a Cry Baby 535Q and a Pigtronix "philosopher's tone" germanium gold. The Crybaby is very versatile and musical, and the pigtronix is my secret weapon for tight soloing with infinite sustain with bends.
So here it is folks ! My first post. And excuse me for my english, I primarily speaks french.

Mark V slaved to the FX return of a modded Marshall. Intellifex inline with the slaved out. Keeps the Mark V dry (nothing in the loop) and the Marshall wet with selected FX when used. Intellifex engaged/bypassed through the GCX. Mark V stays on IIC+ mode with GEQ and on triode setting. Stock tubes.

IMG_1531.jpg

satch4u3 said:
How do you like the Palmer PDI-03 with the Mark V? How do you utilize it? I was thinking about getting one for live use.

Yes...please let us know...I'm in the same position. Looking at Palmer vs Two Tones and the price is definitely in Palmer's advantage...if it works. Your response would be greatly appreciated, although it may be best served in another thread, as to not take away from the OP. Thanks!

Red Barchetta said:
Alex Lifeson uses Palmer speaker emulators...and has used them for decades...that's good enough for me.

...Bonamassa uses the crap outta them, as well. I'd love to feel as confident in just these ideas, however, who really knows what goes on after these things in their particular environments? I think I've seen somewhere Bonomassa saying they're around 80% of his live sounds/tones, but I'm mainly interested in it for home studio use. Live would be lovely...if only musicians in this area weren't so...wait, wait...that squirrel almost got me again...back to the topic at hand (kinda).

In respect for the OP (apologies), I'm gonna go ahead and (first) search this forum and most likely initiate a separate thread related to this matter.

Here are my current rigs...

Mark V Head with vertical 2x12 Recto Cab and Mark V combo with 1x12 Close-backed Ported Widebody Cab:

301294_4698817755071_228303489_n_zpsbb18d53c.jpg

Roadster Head with Roadster and 3/4-backed 2x12 Cabs

482252_10200874469370679_763192435_n_zpsece0d1dd.jpg

And finally the small rig..

Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 36 with 1x12 Thiele Cab

482428_10200874469410680_319963922_n_zpsd4394ab6.jpg

Axe #1 (RG3550 Prestige) & currently dead Boogie with Mini Amp Gizmo...
yj3NiMC.jpg

Board. Mainly Wampler stuff through a One Control OC10 MIDI switcher
xZlQTaO.jpg

Axe #2. Gibson Slash AFD Custom.
4NDZBSN.jpg

imagenru.jpg

I keep her in the practice space we time-share. Currently I'm keeping it very simple. From the LP it's just the tuner, DOD ZW Overdrive, a BBE Sonic Stomp and a EH Memory Toy analog delay. It's nearly always Ch3 Extreme, EQ Preset at 3o'clock, 90w Full Power, Pentode. Gain and channel master 3/4s up. That's a Krank 4x12 loaded with Eminence V12 Legends. I love it.

Latest posts

Back