Post your pedalboard

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to build a board. I only use wah, fuzz, od, micro pog, and delay (and maybe
comp) along with the amp switcher. I could just use my gt8 for everything, but it doesn't switch the solo boost on and my vox wah is awesome. I'd actually like to pick up a delay pedal and use the gt for home recording.

Any tips on how to build a simple powered pedal board that looks nice and can be covered/carried easily?

Small pedalboard
img7424d.jpg

Home use pedalboard
img6582m.jpg

that is a very nice pedalboard, so nice that I decided to allow my stepdaughter to type the response as this is my 300th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

MesaENGR412 said:
AK47 - How do you like that polytune? I love the concept of that thing, looks like it'd be awesome.

-AJH

I love my polytune... does what it should do with acuracy, and is at a good price point (...here in europe anyway...) I like how I can do an on the fly string scan so as to determine what string(s) need adjustment and as it works quite well and is very fast... I find myself using it more and more in this fashion.

Just downloaded the polytune app to my iphone too.. awesome! Go here:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/polytune/id364009203?mt=8

enjoy!

35866_442835411348_522011348_5881234_258197_n.jpg

[br]
IMG_5067.jpg
[br]just wanted this pic in here that better represents my board. Eventide Pitchfactor, Eventide ModFactor, Eventide Timefactor, BBE Boosta Grande, BBE Supa Charger, Boss TU2, X-2 Digital wireless and a Budda wah.
I have it all on a Furman SB8-C board (which I took the powerstrip off since you dont need to be plugging into a board)
and a PRIME power strip works best for the wall warts of the eventides

Pedal Lifters.... George L's cables and a lot of velcro! Waiting on Goodtime Music in Streamwood IL to deliver my Polytuner!!!!

Well, it's not a traditional "pedalboard", but here it is:

In the Rack:
ART PR8-Pro, TC G-Major, Behringer GEQ, Axess CFX4, Axess GRX4, BYOC MOSFET OD-2, Boss CH-1, MXR M-108 GEQ, ISP Decimator.
Signal Chain is:
Guitar ==> GRX4 MAIN IN ==> OD-2 (loop 1) ==> CH-1 (loop 2) ==> M-108 (loop 3) ==> GRX4 MAIN OUT ==> ISP Decimator ==> AMP INPUT ==> FX SEND ==> GRX4 Loop 4 IN ==> G-MAJOR ==> Behringer GEQ ==> GRX4 Loop 4 out ==> FX RETURN.
RACK_1.jpg

The rack is controlled with a Behringer FCB1010 with Uno Firmware and a Phantom Power Mod. The top row is in Stomp Box Mode.
FCB1010_Map.jpg

Here is a screen shot of the FCB1010's setup through my Editing Software.
SysEx.jpg

And this is my MIDI Implimentation Chart.
MIDI_CHART.jpg

The "Tap Dancing" is over, but it is still a very flexible and simple to operate rig. This Saturday will be the first gig with the new rack. Tomorrow is the dry run at practice.

Dom

Here is a link to my current pedal board...dont know how to upload directly to the site...

http://s715.photobucket.com/albums/ww159/laskyman/Pedalboard%202010/?action=view&current=IMG_0471.jpg

when your posting a reply and want to add a photo, you click a little box under the subject that says "Img" and this pops up, . you put the link to your photo up between them.

HTH
Zach

Screaming daisy... are the wall warts gone or under your board somewhere?? Nice pedalboard I must say!!

and you have a few overdrive pedals or boost pedals.. I may be looking to upgrade on my boosta grande BBE... what are those you are using?

Screaming daisy... are the wall warts gone or under your board somewhere?? Nice pedalboard I must say!!

Thanks- that is my board- Screamingdaisy knows how to post the picture- I dont... and yes, the wall warts are gone...compliments of a Logsdon Audio Custom regulator power supply I had made specifically for my board...

and you have a few overdrive pedals or boost pedals.. I may be looking to upgrade on my boosta grande BBE... what are those you are using?

I front end a Maxon od808 to boost the gain channel, and use a Creation Audio Labs MK 4.23 last in the effects loop to boost solos- it is a pure clean boost- best in the business for that purpose. I looked at the BBE Boosta Grande, but it isnt in the same league...the Metal Muff is for, well, metal...the ED isnt a metal amp...this board is as nice of a board as I have ever played, and I am blessed that it is *mine*....

Boss pedals are dominating this thread. They are inexpensive, reliable, and most everybody has some either on they're board or on the shelf as a backup for the boutiquey stuff. I just love that!

Yea... I just replaced my TU-2 with a TC Electronics Polytuner.
Think I got two inches closer to the true tone with bypass.
I think I need something else like a tube screamer or something like a better clean boost.

billboogie said:
Boss pedals are dominating this thread. They are inexpensive, reliable, and most everybody has some either on they're board or on the shelf as a backup for the boutiquey stuff. I just love that!

I would agree for the earlier post.... the thread is a little old. The closer you get to today at best you're finding TU-2's, NS-2's... utility pedals, and the older boss chorus pedals.

ISP is sucking up NS-2 buyers, and Polytune and other new tuners on the marked are taking the TU-2 shares.

I'm not knocking boss but I don't know if it's total domination.

My board changes with the amp as well as whether I'm playing acoustic or electric. Since this is the Boogie Board...
Either an '89 Fender DlxAmStd or '95 AmStd Strat, '71 Fender Jazzmaster or '70 Gibson ES-335 into Boss TU-2 tuner>Coloursound Wah>Keeley-modded Boss Blues Driver or DS-1>either a Fulltone Deja' Vibe (rocker pedal version) or Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble>Voodoo Labs Tremolo>Analog Man-modded Boss DD-6 Delay (I really, really recommend this for near-analog tone options)>Mesa/Boogie Studio .22+. I cannot tell you how amazing the JM in particular sounds through this setup-'purt near any sound I want is available...(12AT7 in V1 balances the gain channel and trades bark for violin tone)

no... one day Im going to get a Gracie stand and Ill need it so the sound board wont have to mute my channel.

I really dont sell pedals anymore, I sold all my Hughes Kettner tube tools when I got the Roadking head... but I didnt like getting rid of those pedals.

Back