Popping

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how do u like the x2 wireless ? im thinkin of saving up for one eventually i have a cheap wireless somewhere round here, i hate it ...it made me go back to the good ol 30ft cable out front :(

nitrous2400 said:
how do u like the x2 wireless ? im thinkin of saving up for one eventually i have a cheap wireless somewhere round here, i hate it ...it made me go back to the good ol 30ft cable out front :(

I really like the X2. I have the stomp box version, and I get about 100' - 120' range. I don't think that's bad at all considering the receiver is on the floor in my pedalboard (and there is no external antenna!).

I was strictly a "cable guy" for a long time. I tried a few wireless' and although I loved the freedom, none of them sounded (or felt) like a cable so I pretty much gave up.

IMO the X2 sounds as good as my 21' Monster Rock (maybe even better), and is a steal at $300. No (noticable) compression at all because it all digital. It's ADDA converters are top notch, and the transmitter handles active p'ups no problem. There's plenty of signal from the receiver to my effect chain as well.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Dom

2 ch DR Solo Head - No pops, silent switching.
Have you tried swapping out the switch cable?

Are we talking about a small little "click " or a big pop sound..??? my 3 channel Dual has a small click .. I think from the switches inside the unit..??? ( that is at almost no volume at all ) if I turn it up at all.. I hear nothing.. so . my question still stands.. a click or a pop..????

Rex

kb7010 said:
Are we talking about a small little "click " or a big pop sound..??? my 3 channel Dual has a small click .. I think from the switches inside the unit..??? ( that is at almost no volume at all ) if I turn it up at all.. I hear nothing.. so . my question still stands.. a click or a pop..????

Rex

Yep, I am talking about the click! I can get rid of the pop by doing the tap dancing routine before I turn the amp on.

Yeah, that sound doesen't bother me at all, just wanted to make sure it was normal.

Cheers!

Back