Popping noise when I switch channels...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rambes

Reaction score
My head makes a loud popping noise when I switch channels does any have the same problem with theirs? Any solutions on how to get rid of it?

Rambes

When I had my three channel Triple, here's what I would do.

After turning on the amp, I would turn the volume down, and cycle through the buttons. The first time I changed channels would be the loudest time. After that, if you have the volume up to practice levels, you won't hear the popping noise.

Thats exactly what I do right now too. I noticed that the 3rd channel is always the loudest the first time I hit it. Well at least I know my head isnt the only one that does it.

mine always pops the first time i hit channel 2, and yes its very annoying.
but i always go through the switches before i start playin.

The pop on my MkIII no-stripe only happens when switching from Rhythm to Lead, not the reverse, and seems to behave like some kind of electrical potential that is dissipated by the switch action, but then, upon switching back to R1, immediately begins building back up to popping potential unless I switch back to Lead within about a half a minute.

No solutions?

PS, I have no idea why it says "Bottle Rocket" next to my SN... don't even know what that is.

TigerStrat said:
PS, I have no idea why it says "Bottle Rocket" next to my SN... don't even know what that is.

It's a post count thing. Newbs get Bottle Rocket, and then your title changes to different amps as your post count increases.

My Road King does it when I first power it up. Like others have said, keep the volume low and change through the channels, that ought to clear it up. After that, crank up the volume and it should work like a champ.

Changing through the channels does dissipate the pop/thump, but only for the 30 seconds or so that it takes to charge up again. Then it's back. (on my Mk III, ymmv)

Only thing to do onstage to minimize this loud thump seems to be to time it with a bass drum hit! :eek:

Try turning the power on, flipping through all of the channels then back to the clean channel. Then turn the standby on. It works for me.

I have the same problem with my triple rec and it´s worst when i change from red modern to orange clean. But I mean, it must be possible to use some other type of switch that does not make the noise. Seems to me that the push-button is the problem and that with a different type of switch the problem would be gone. I´ve only had this amp for a couple of days so I haven´t tried another one yet.

Latest posts

Back