poll: Full power vs tweed power and why?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tweed power vs full power and why

• i use Tweed power most of the time!

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Full power most of the time!

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • i switch back and forth to both tweed and full!

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

willrock

Reaction score
i started a thread bout tweed power early on. Now im curios about the demographic especially the mark iv users

tweed power/class A for me is more appropriate for most of the clubs we play.

In big rooms filled with people I sometimes flip to Full when the stage volume goes up.

When I go see an act - if they are horrendously loud for the venue - i leave; no matter how talented they might be.

Cheers

I use tweed whenever possible. It's one of the best parts of playing smaller places. Unfortunately, tonight will be another outdoor event where tweed just won't quite cut enough.

I haven't played any gigs yet with my Heartbreaker, but I use Tweed all the time with 6V6, or Full all the time with EL-34's.
I would probably use Tweed for smaller gigs with EL-34's though since it is as loud as it is heavy! :lol:

When I used a Mark IV, I almost always used Full for practice or gigs and Tweed for playing at home.

The problem I have with Tweed is that I really like how punchy the amp is on Full and can't seem to get used not having that punch. I'm not an overly technical player and rely more on dynamics and choice of note.

i use Full on my IV on gigs but Tweed on home practice and band practice just to save my tubes,, coz im a cheapskate like that. Im expecting my red stripe III early next week so i wont have a choice but to be on full power all the time now.. my favorite is still full power anyway

Well, we played a very large outdoor event Friday and I left it on tweed just for fun for the first set. It seemed a little weak/saggy on stage and I was about out of clean headroom. I told the sound man he should be prepared to bring the guitar down for the second set and was told not to change a thing. He said the tone was righteous out front. Instead, he just dumped a little more guitar in the monitors for me and I've got to say, it was a pretty nice tone. I think I'm going to replace the speaker in my combo (EVM 12L) and see if I can eek out just a smidgen more clean headroom in tweed (and bring the weight down about ten pounds).

Back