Poll - Active or passive pups?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you prefer for lead guitar?

• Active

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Passive

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Obviously there's an appeal to both, but if you had to choose, what would it be?

passive (and cable to amp)

cause the battery is always running out of charge when needed

Passive. Seymour duncan SH-5 paired with a Phat cat in the neck. Although my Eclipse came with EMG's in it, I didn't get that great of a tone out of them and had to swap them out.

As long as they sound good, I don't care. I like my EMG's though. The thing that I really like about the actives, being a vocalist, you don't get ground loop issues when you come in contact with mic's on stage, so eliminating the whole shock issue, is worth it to me. And buzzing is pretty much eliminated too.

Passive for teh win.

Bill Lawrence has my vote. (And the vintage Dirty Fingers I have in my 335-s)

I can work with either but prefer passives most of the time

As much as I love hi gain from my amps.
On the guitars I prefer medium output. I always loved something along the lines of the dimarzio super distortion and SD Screaming Demon. My guitars with Emg's always wind up getting replaced
///MK

I prefer the Duncan Alternative 8 in the bridge, it has punch like a ceramic but the fullness of the Alnico.

Passive. To be precise, Bare Knuckles Miricle Man p/up. It has all the tightness and definition of an active yet it's so warm and fat and full of tone it's unbelievable. They're pricey, but worth it.

Latest posts

Back