Please identify this amp, is it a bargain?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fompsweeva

Reaction score
I found this in a local music store for $1200 Aussie bones, which is about $950 US.

Here's the pics.

DSC01737.jpg

DSC01738.jpg

DSC01739.jpg

DSC01740.jpg

Is this a collectors item? Is it a bargain?

fompsweeva said:
Is it worth breaking the bank for?

Even though I own a Mk.I 1x15 combo of similar vintage to the 1x12 combo you posted, I am no expert. I would leave your question to those who are actively trading vintage Boogie amps.

Having said that, the amp looks nice for its age, with minimal wear and tear cosmetically. It would be nice if it had the EQ fitted. I don't know how rare it is for a vintage Mk.I without both EQ and reverb, but as long as the tone is good........

It's looks like 1st edition Mark 1, What's the serial number????

You can get a Mark IIB for that kinda money.

How much does a Reissue Mark one cost down under?

This one looks like the real deal.
Someone may consider that important.

It's only worth what someone will pay for it, so low ball them and then check their pulse :twisted:

It is a real nice amp for the age but keep certain things in mind you my want to retube the amp right off the bat and if you don’t have a trustworthy background on the amp it my need caps. Just keep in mind it might need future work!
If you want to get it for a (collectable or that special amp with that certain tone) by all means get it.
If you want it for playing out you might want to go new (if Mark’s are your thing “they are mine”) the Mark IV’s are very versatile in oooh so many ways!
If you want the Mark 1 and plan on playing out and want it to be reliable plan on dumping some money into it right off the bat have a tech look at it.
The Mark 1’s do sound amazing! But all the Boogies yield certain magic, as do some other amp companies.
Far as the price you my want to look up a few on Ebay, I think that price may be a bit steep. However I’m not an authority since its original it may be worth that. And a good future investment also.

You may need to look at price differences of new amps between the states and OZ in order to evaluate if it is priced right.

Latest posts

Back