Please help me decide on a Mark

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SydMark11

Reaction score
OK- I have been a long time player of a DR but now I THINK I want to try a MArk Series amp.
I have now where to test drive them. The only place said they sold their last Mark IV last week and of course will NOT be getting anymore. Sooo..
In a typical night my cover band will cover everything from metal to grunge to modern rock.
Will the Mark III cover this well? Would a Mark IV be better?
Is there a big difference between a modern Mark and Vintage in sound?
Please, I need advice on these amps.

SydMark11 said:
Please, I need advice on these amps.

My advice would be to wait a little bit before you make a choice about WHICH Mark series to buy :wink: . In the meantime try to find a used MkIII and MkIV to give each of them a test drive.

I'm trying wait...It sucks though!
I mean what is the overall difference between a III and a IV?
Is it apples to oranges or more nuts and bolts?
What about the vintage VS the Modern Marks?
Oh and I see you play and SL1 Joey..same here
trans green SL1T..the guitar is amazing, huh?

SydMark11 said:
In a typical night my cover band will cover everything from metal to grunge to modern rock.
Will the Mark III cover this well? Would a Mark IV be better?
It pretty much explains itself.
The drawback of the III is that you have to compromise the settings between the channels, so in your case, go buy a mark IV.
End of discussion :D

camsna said:
Mk III. R2 mod.
+1. I own a IV but I love them both. They're pretty similar sounding, but different enough to justify owning both. Buying a III is more cost effective. If you like III, most likely you'll like a IV. But which one you'll like the most, you'll just have to listen for yourself.

Latest posts

Back