Pleasant surprise

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken55

Reaction score
So I got a great voice message yesterday which I was totally not expecting. I've ordered a custom finish RK with the same finish for RK 4x12 & 2x12 cabs and was told my order ( much to my luck ) would be coming within 2 weeks of order....., NOT( some miscommunication somewhere in the chain ) ! but then that was OK because I've always thought it would take at least 8 weeks or longer. My local GC calls and tells me they have a new RKII head for a loaner with a 4x12 standard recto cab for me until my custom order gets in. I really want to say I enjoy that kind of service. I cranked a few hours on it last evening and it was so much fun...., cant wait till this evening when my 13yr old son gets to jam on it ( he is a waaaaayyyy good guitar player )...., I think he is going to be in heaven as I am right now..., kudos to GC for their great service..., :lol:

wow man! that really is some good dervice! my GC is lie that too. i never had any expericen with them (except for buying strings and my guiatr and littel thing sliek that) but when my frined brough his guitar there for repar, he ddint get it back in 1 week, so they lent him a new JEM for about 3 weeks whiel his 530 or w.e. model ibanez was in repair

I encountered the same excellent customer service. The only problem was Mesa's delay of nine months for my custom RKII combo in Cream Bronco with wicker grille!

GC can get ripped on occasionally, but the one I deal with has been nothing but helpful. I know a couple of the guys in there now and they really like what they are doing and take good care of the customer. It's great to get good service anywhere nowadays.

GC rocks. It's some of the jags that work there that give it a bad name from time to time.

I've had one problem with GC, and that was last year. I custom ordered a PRS CU24 artist package 20th ann from them. I put down around $1750 and they never ordered it. I found out after 2005 so the anniversary model wasn't available.... Before I could say give me my money back you dumba$$ mother f'er, Brian the manager had check in hand and a promise to me that my next purchase will be at cost. So my next purchase is going to be a Stiletto Duece with 4X12 or 2X12 horz. At cost what'll it cost me?

Well, Kudos to GC from me too.

Unfortunately (not GC's fault), I received my custom ordered RK II Combo last night and it doesn't work properly, see this post:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=8773

GC gave me a LSC for about a month, then a LSS for another 2 to use whilst my RK II order came in...they didn't have any stock RKs and I didn't care for any of the F-series.

In addition, I got a huge discount on a brand new factory direct shipped SRV strat when I placed my RK II order.

I am sorry, but the mom & pops shops can't provide that type of service. I really don't like the big boys squashing the little guys; but on this one, I'll let someone else take a stand.... :wink:

Bruce Dickenson said:
I've had one problem with GC, and that was last year. I custom ordered a PRS CU24 artist package 20th ann from them. I put down around $1750 and they never ordered it. I found out after 2005 so the anniversary model wasn't available.... Before I could say give me my money back you dumba$$ mother f'er, Brian the manager had check in hand and a promise to me that my next purchase will be at cost. So my next purchase is going to be a Stiletto Duece with 4X12 or 2X12 horz. At cost what'll it cost me?

You may want to consider another product as they can't discount the Mesa products.....!!!! :shock:

At least not until Mesa discontinues it and grants all dealerships permission.

does anyone know the lead time for stock RKII heads and stock 2 X 12 cabs?

Back