Played the MarkV combo in Montreal, Canada

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicoroy123

Reaction score
For those who might be interested, Italmelodie has one in stock. They received their combos yesterday.
The salesman said mid june for the heads...

I tested the combo since I have a deposit on a head and I wanted to validate by myself what people are saying about the amp not being able to do metal.
So here it is...

At least to my definition of metal, it definiteley can! Ok it took me at least 20 min to finally get the amount of gain I was after. I never played on any mark amp before so I relied on tips found on this forum to speed up the search: Bass and Mid below 3, treble around 6-7...

And strangely, I finaly got a very high gain sound with the EQ off on channel 3. Odd because the graffic EQ had the classic V shape, but it sounded better to me while off. But you know, I was in a store, 10W, amp not very loud so it may be just a wrong impression.

I have no clue what were the power section settings but at least now I know that thing have A LOT, I mean A LOT of gain! More than I will ever need. (And I have a recto...)

Since metal rhythm is not the only reason I want this amp, I also tested the lead sounds... In this area the IIC+ sounded better to ears than the IV setting. It was kind of more organic. But both the IIC+ and the IV sing like birds! Lead tones are the reason why I am moving from a rectifier to a mark. And in this area, well, no complaints, this is the best amp I ever played on!

Guitar was an Ibanez RG3570...
Now I am totally convinced about this amp, figuring that the head will probably sound even better with my 2x12 recto cab.

I can tell that to my ears, the YouTube videos don't do justice at all to what this amp can do.

Hope it helps

nicoroy123 said:
For those who might be interested, Italmelodie has one in stock. They received their combos yesterday.
The salesman said mid june for the heads...

I tested the combo since I have a deposit on a head and I wanted to validate by myself what people are saying about the amp not being able to do metal.
So here it is...

At least to my definition of metal, it definiteley can! Ok it took me at least 20 min to finally get the amount of gain I was after. I never played on any mark amp before so I relied on tips found on this forum to speed up the search: Bass and Mid below 3, treble around 6-7...

And strangely, I finaly got a very high gain sound with the EQ off on channel 3. Odd because the graffic EQ had the classic V shape, but it sounded better to me while off. But you know, I was in a store, 10W, amp not very loud so it may be just a wrong impression.

I have no clue what were the power section settings but at least now I know that thing have A LOT, I mean A LOT of gain! More than I will ever need. (And I have a recto...)

Since metal rhythm is not the only reason I want this amp, I also tested the lead sounds... In this area the IIC+ sounded better to ears than the IV setting. It was kind of more organic. But both the IIC+ and the IV sing like birds! Lead tones are the reason why I am moving from a rectifier to a mark. And in this area, well, no complaints, this is the best amp I ever played on!

Guitar was an Ibanez RG3570...
Now I am totally convinced about this amp, figuring that the head will probably sound even better with my 2x12 recto cab.

I can tell that to my ears, the YouTube videos don't do justice at all to what this amp can do.

Hope it helps

+1

Next time try it with the treble on 9 or 10. Past 7 it really doesn't add any treble, it acts like a gain control.

danyeo1 said:
Next time try it with the treble on 9 or 10. Past 7 it really doesn't add any treble, it acts like a gain control.

A proper Mark series then :)

Back