Played my 1st show w/o a Boogie in 2 1/2 years and..........

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tele_jas

Reaction score
I missed my Road King!!

I've had a Genz Benz El Diablo 1x12 combo for a few months now and I've been dying to try it live.... So this past Friday night we had a gig at a new place and I told myself that I'll never know unless I try it, so I only took the El Diablo.

The El Diablo cleans are really pretty sweet with a single coil, they are right up there with the Lonestar Classic and F-50 cleans (sorry guys), but the crunch and the high gain was lacking that mid-range throaty growl that the Boogie has and I LOVE.

In the end, I now know I can get by if I have to do without my Road King for a while (if I sell it for a RK II or Roadster or something happens to it), but that Boogie Rectifier tone is something that I now know is MY sound and I feel naked without it! There were some songs that the El Diablo sounded GREAT on, so I may try the dual amp thing....atleast once or twice?? But that seems like too much work.

Thats my story of playing without a Boogie after gigging with them for almost 3 years exclusivly with my band/bands.

The Force has returned to you Luke....I thought we were going to lose you to the darkside like we lost Nitrobattery (to the evil ENGL empire).... 8)

I think what this illustrates is that like what I experience at home. I've tried other amps that I absolutely adore at home and moderate volumes. (VOX AD60VTX, Crate V32) but when all is said and done, and the room needs fillin', tain't nothin' like a Boogie.
(BTW, I'm not really a southern boy, I lived in NYC for most of my young adult life :lol: )

tele_jas said:
I missed my Road King!!

GASP!!!!! I'm just SHOCKED and APPALLED that my buddy jas would leave the house without the Road King!!!!

Jas...I'm crushed...you have *sniffff* betrayed the brotherhood of the Road King....*SOB*....what's next? Are you gonna come to my house and kick my dog, too?

:lol: just kidding, brother....we all gotta see what else is out there every once in a while...I'm glad you came to your senses, though....

RB

Latest posts

Back