Played a new Charvel So-Cal today - GAS!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MusicManJP6 said:
smd24fan said:
They have the best looking necks I've ever seen. JEALOUS!

Not only are they the best looking, but they are the best playing AND feeling I've felt! My EBMM JP's neck feels awesome, but these necks are the only neck i've touched that feels and plays better. That's amazing!

What's the neck size and shape? Unfortunately, I like big necks! The EBMM guitars that I've played no JPs) had smaller necks than I like.

The Charvel San Dimas is the type of guitar that I'd like to assemble for myself (I've assembled a Tele and two vintage style Strats with USACG wood, Fralin pickups, etc...).

I got mine - my second Charvel this year!

SoCal.jpg

Sweet ***!... (i mean the guitar, not the girls in the poster... although... :))

Was the first Charvel that blowup one on the wall? ;) Congrats... I'm still not in the position to buy one... :(

MusicManJP6 said:
Was the first Charvel that blowup one on the wall? ;) Congrats... I'm still not in the position to buy one... :(
No, the first one was the San Dimas, as seen on the forst page of this thread but repeated here now because it's so killer too!

charvel.jpg

Oh right! Been a while since I've reviewed the first page... :oops: That's definitely a cool one as well! What are the tonal differences? I guess the SD pickups versus the DiMarzios are the biggest tone difference. Is the San Dimas alder as well? The pickguard on the SoCal gives the tone a slight hollowbody sound. I dig it.

Here are the newest batch of colors for these. I have always had a thing for Charvels - the most comfy neck around IMHO.

http://www.charvel.com/

I am kinda digging the Sea Sick green. The new white one with the black pick guard reminds me of the new Adrian Smith Jackson he has out - another guitar I would not mind owning!

You know I love these guitars too, but I HATE the fact they have only one volume knob and no tone. I am a firm believer in the 2 vol 2 tone set up. I can't seem to find a good Floyd equiped axe with those features as well.

Scrapinger said:
You know I love these guitars too, but I HATE the fact they have only one volume knob and no tone. I am a firm believer in the 2 vol 2 tone set up. I can't seem to find a good Floyd equiped axe with those features as well.

Any number of custom builders could work up something like that for you. In addition, Gibson is offering a Floyd'd Les Paul called the Axcess that has your preferred 2 volume/2 tone setup

Latest posts

Back