Played a new Charvel So-Cal today - GAS!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MusicManJP6

Reaction score
All i can say is WOW. These guitars are awesome!!

It looks like this:
2826001371_rev2.jpg

The neck shape and feel is amazing. It is the perfect shape and is silky smooth. The compound radius is so comfortable. I've not found a guitar I like more than my JP6 until now. I'm seriously considering selling my JP to buy one of these guitars! It's just that awesome. The pickups are perfect and sound stellar both clean and distorted. I couldn't put the guitar down. That has never happened to me before... I was GASing for a CE24 until I played this guitar. I will have one soon!

Then you'd have to change your name!

Those are super cool guitars! I wanted one badly until I picked up my Hamer Diablo. Considering how seldom I use this type of guitar, the less expensive Hamer will have to do.

I'm still diggin' those recent Charvels though! Someone recently sold a Tele shaped San Dimas model on another forum for under $600!

Don said:
I'm still diggin' those recent Charvels though! Someone recently sold a Tele shaped San Dimas model on another forum for under $600!

Dude, that's the kind of deal i'm after too. I'm deadset on a So-Cal though.

It's a toss up between these two beauties:

000038163.jpg

They sure look nice and I'd love to play one, too. My favorite is this one:

GTS2825011305.jpg

If you aren't already aware, Charvel (FMIC) offers black in all three of the Production models as the standard color. Non-black colors change about once per quarter. So if you're set on that guitar in tangerine, you'll have to shop around a bit unless you've found one locally.

Good luck to you with the purchase. I have a Natural series Charvel from the Music Zoo and it's a great instrument. The neck shape is really nice and very comfortable and I've heard the Production series guitars use a similar, if not the same, profile.

Don said:
Then you'd have to change your name!

Those are super cool guitars! I wanted one badly until I picked up my Hamer Diablo. Considering how seldom I use this type of guitar, the less expensive Hamer will have to do.

Assuming that your Hamer is a USA one, I'll have to say that it will be still superior than the Charvels IMHO...

KH Guitar Freak said:
Assuming that your Hamer is a USA one, I'll have to say that it will be still superior than the Charvels IMHO...

It's a USA made 1992 Diablo in sunburst with a birdseye maple neck and right side up headstock. It's in excellent condition and cost me $450.

MusicManJP6 said:
Don said:

Dude, that's the kind of deal i'm after too. I'm deadset on a So-Cal though.

It's a toss up between these two beauties:

000038163.jpg

I like the one on the left a lot! The price on the San Dimas Tele was great, but I really need a Strat style body on this type of guitar. Also, the San Dimas and the So-Cal have different pickups.

Don said:
KH Guitar Freak said:

It's a USA made 1992 Diablo in sunburst with a birdseye maple neck and right side up headstock. It's in excellent condition and cost me $450.

You'll probably have noticed that I own a Hamer Diablo II USA. Awesome guitar. Paid more than the market price in those days (in fact, still more than the current market price), cause this was bought outside the US, from a Hamer dealer, brand new basically...

Cool guitar! I'd try one if there was a dealer near by.
The Diablos are killer too. I had a USA Hamer Diablo and
sold it. Should've kept it but GAS got the better of me.
Now I regret it.

I got mine last month, and it's the best super-Strat I've ever owned. And I had plenty of Kramers, Ibanez and Jackson guitars in the 80s and early 90s. This one has them all beat.

charvel.jpg

I gotta echo what MusicMan says about the neck. It really is soooooooooo comfortable.

I dig my slime green one alright, but I saw one of the new white ones at the Dallas Guitar Show this past weekend and it's a stunner.

Whoa, easy you guys!
I hope someone brought a mop to clean up all the drool on the floor! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

Actually I agree that the Charvels are great guitars. I know someone that has a early '90's model, though I can't recall the name at the moment....not a san dimas, but strat style with H-S-S p/u's and a pointed black painted headstock similar to Jackson. I've played it and it is top notch stuff!

Congrats on the new axe, JP6! :D

Old BF Shred said:
Congrats on the new axe, JP6! :D

Haha. I've not got a new axe just yet! That Candy Tangerine So Cal is just the one I want REALLY bad. I'm still trying to figure out how i'm gonna be able to afford one! I've thought about selling my Ernie Ball... :shock: That's how sweet these new Charvels are!

I played one of those So-Cals in black. It was a sweet guitar, I really liked the texture on the volume knob. The neck was super smooth, and the Dimarzio Evo's sounded awesome through a JVM 410C. I'd love to get one of those bad boys one day, or maybe the San Dimas Style 2 tele! I love that candy Tangerine color!

-AJH

smd24fan said:
They have the best looking necks I've ever seen. JEALOUS!

Not only are they the best looking, but they are the best playing AND feeling I've felt! My EBMM JP's neck feels awesome, but these necks are the only neck i've touched that feels and plays better. That's amazing!

Latest posts

Back