Pix of 3 ch recto w/chrome chassis

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dual or Triple, I wanna see how the 3 ch layout looks with the chrome chassis (and chrome diamondplate if possible). Seeing that 2ch on ebay got some wheels rollin in the noggin :D

mJ

well i have never seen a chrome chassis but here would be the place to look http://www.mesaboogie.com/gallery/gallery.php .. i dont think they make it...

http://www.mesaboogie.com/gallery/customops/images/BlackDiamondChassis.jpg

Not the best pic but all I could find in 2 min :)

Found one pic :)
img10291219342.jpeg

mJ

The Random Hero said:
MesaENGR412, do you hate Mids?

Yeah.. a lot of the tone in the rectifier amps is in the mid control in my opinion.. Do you have any clips of that tone?

PolishSasquatch said:
bud, how many f%&# tubes do u ahve in ur amp!?!!? i onyl have 4 power and 2 recto tubes (and 4 pre)

You have a Dual. He has a Triple. 6 power tubes and 3 recto tubes.

haha no, i don't hate mids, but with the EMG-81's in my guitar, i find that without scooping it, it sounds too 'rounded'. I like a razor sharp attack and bite, kind of a trivium/unearth/metallica sound, and somehow, with the guitar config and with the mids scooped, this amp gives me that. I also use a 7 band eq to dial back in some mids, but those EMG's do most of it for me. Some people may hate it, and I've tried to add mids, and spent several......and i mean several....hours shaping the tone and honing it to what i exactly want. It seems weird, but this is what i found. Sounds monstrous to me. ( And i might add that i have adjusted it even after taking these pics, and the mids are just a little higher now, not too much though) Haha, I don't mean to offend anyone with the amp being scooped and I'm working on the clips part, should have some sometime soon hopefully, i just don't have any recording equipment at the moment.

-AJH

MesaENGR412 said:
haha no, i don't hate mids, but with the EMG-81's in my guitar, i find that without scooping it, it sounds too 'rounded'. I like a razor sharp attack and bite, kind of a trivium/unearth/metallica sound, and somehow, with the guitar config and with the mids scooped, this amp gives me that. I also use a 7 band eq to dial back in some mids, but those EMG's do most of it for me. Some people may hate it, and I've tried to add mids, and spent several......and i mean several....hours shaping the tone and honing it to what i exactly want. It seems weird, but this is what i found. Sounds monstrous to me. ( And i might add that i have adjusted it even after taking these pics, and the mids are just a little higher now, not too much though) Haha, I don't mean to offend anyone with the amp being scooped and I'm working on the clips part, should have some sometime soon hopefully, i just don't have any recording equipment at the moment.

-AJH

I wasn't criticising bro, not at all. Diff'rent strokes and all that.

I run mine around 11:30 on red modern and noon on orange vintage. I like the mids dimed at times too, on red modern. It's just what you like to hear!

oh yeah, man, i didn't take it in a bad way my friend, and I hear ya on that! I love my amp, and i'm glad to see i'm not the only one so passionate about the tone of Mesa amplifiers!! Rock on bro!!

-AJH

MesaENGR412 said:
oh yeah, man, i didn't take it in a bad way my friend, and I hear ya on that! I love my amp, and i'm glad to see i'm not the only one so passionate about the tone of Mesa amplifiers!! Rock on bro!!

-AJH

\m/ :twisted: \m/

Back