Pictures of the back of a Road King Combo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weird, can't find one on any Mesa site. It's an open back, right?

Unless I'm just missing it, all I see is the cabs and the controls of the combo from the rear. Instead of getting another open back cab, I'm thinking of swapping my Roadster head and cab (at no loss with my shop) for the Road King combo.

I recently accquired a RK combo amp and I love it at this point. It really is a FLEET OF AMPS IN ONE PACKAGE!!!!! All my guitars sound different throught which is a good thing for me. The cleans are a little tricky to dial in but one you do they're awsome. My combo is also unexpectedly punchy for being an open back combo. Palm muted notes don't loose any definition what soever even in droped D tuning. It reall is a great amp and more versatile than the Roadster. :D

Here ya go.

rkback3bs.jpg

RoadKinger483 said:
I recently accquired a RK combo amp and I love it at this point. It really is a FLEET OF AMPS IN ONE PACKAGE!!!!! All my guitars sound different throught which is a good thing for me. The cleans are a little tricky to dial in but one you do they're awsome. My combo is also unexpectedly punchy for being an open back combo. Palm muted notes don't loose any definition what soever even in droped D tuning. It reall is a great amp and more versatile than the Roadster. :D
I haven't played the Road King combo yet, but I think I'm going to take the offer to swap for it, the speaker situation is what I had before. I really like the Roadster with the cab, but the open back probably is more in line with the old classic rock I play. The Roadster cab, IMO, is like a laser beam, very focused, tight, better for high gain. If the deal to swap was not on the table I'd be looking at another cab, wouldn't be the end of the world, but a bit much for me. 8)

Back