Pickups for the Mark V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabies

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the Burstbucker Pro pups in my Elitist LP are a good fit or not for the M5. They're passive and somewhat "roundish" sounded, not jarring/crunchy like a Super Distortion I had once.

how bout a 7 string with EMG's?

and using a 7 string with the Stiletto would obviously add low end to the sound. I've never tried a 7 or 8 string guitar.

btw, the newer (post POAF) Manson guitar sounds are badass in terms of crunch. Most likely Marshall. which channel/mode would get close to that type of sound on a M5? I'm guessing IIC+. Still need to crank the amp in 90 watts...

I would say to go the Bare Knuckle pickup route and never look back, I've had/tried a TON of pickups and none have even come close as to touch the tone and quality of the pickups Bare Knuckle creates. I use Alnico V Nailbombs with my V and it really makes that amp come alive!

I found some of the best crunch tones in the amp in the edge mode, it's more of a plexi vibe where the crunch mode is more JCMish... but I like the Edge mode a lot more, but that's a personal preference.

I play a Dean Soltero..., Mahog body & neck, maple top, rosewood board, etc....

The amp sounds incredible with the BNK Warpig in the bridge and the SD Phat Cat P-90 in the neck. Very versatile, cleans up nice, and the loud stuff just slays!!

$0.02

Tough one to answer when you haven't described your playing style or genre?

Favorite Musicians

1. Rage Against the Machine
2. Red Hot Chili Peppers
3. Jane’s Addiction
4. Alice in Chains
5. Metallica
6. John Scofield
7. Miles Davis
8. John Coltrane
9. Les Claypool
10. Tool
11. Pink Floyd
12. The Doors
13. Victor Wooten
14. Yes
15. Rush
16. Sepultura
17. Gary Moore
18. Stevie Ray Vaughan
19. Jeff Beck
20. Pantera
21. Soundgarden
22. Michael Jackson
23. David Bowie
24. Stone Temple Pilots
25. Frank Zappa
26. Ministry
27. Skinny Puppy
28. Nine Inch Nails
29. Helmet
30. Quicksand

Dimarzio Liquifire and Crunchlab in my Ruokangas Hellcat guitar. Visit their site if interested www.ruokangas.com theres a guitar builder :)

One of the best pickups I have tried for the clean and crunch channels are by FAR the PRS 57/08's. They do crunch, rock, and even metal great with lots of clarity and punch. They are super articulate for blues also. I have tried every PRS, Bareknuckle, SD, Marzio's.. The 5708 are hard to find since they aren't for sale unless you buy a PRS that has them in it, but you can find em on ebay every now and then.

And Bareknuckle would be my second choice for pickups. They are all good depending on what sound your going for.

Latest posts

Back