picked up Dual Rectifier.. what a heap of crap!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks guys, thanks.

i havent really gone too crazy.
all i got lately was the amp, a round of tubes,
and a Lundgren M7 for the bridge pickup.

yes, the metal zone sucks for distortion
but i thought it was "too metal" when i was in high school, so i got it and loved it for a long time.
i havent used it in forever because one day i realized it sucked,
but now i am using it the way *you guys* use pedals,
with LEVEL max, GAIN min,
and the eq has to be set up really weird to sound like it is NOT affecting EQ but gain only..
the tone isnt as good, but the gain is really nice.

i decided to use the fonzie method and start smacking tubes around and one of the KT77s didnt like it. so i switched it with another and its the socket, not the tube. i gave it the ol' in-out-in-out a few times ;) and used a small screwdriver to push the "pin grabbers" closer to each other.. i guess next ill have to get electrical contact cleaner?

when that is sorted out,
i am going to take out my new buddy to get on some cabs
of course i will try out the oversize recto 4x12,
hopefully i can find a place that has the VHT Fatbottom,
and where can i find a Vader 4x12?

please let me know if i should be checking out any other cabs,
i know nothing of cabs or speakers so links or info should help

and last,
backwordsman13,
whats up with you rolling your eyes in your posts?
do you think thats f*cking cute?
man up, homie.

StoneOfFire said:
thanks guys, thanks.

i havent really gone too crazy.
all i got lately was the amp, a round of tubes,
and a Lundgren M7 for the bridge pickup.

yes, the metal zone sucks for distortion
but i thought it was "too metal" when i was in high school, so i got it and loved it for a long time.
i havent used it in forever because one day i realized it sucked,
but now i am using it the way *you guys* use pedals,
with LEVEL max, GAIN min,
and the eq has to be set up really weird to sound like it is NOT affecting EQ but gain only..
the tone isnt as good, but the gain is really nice.

i decided to use the fonzie method and start smacking tubes around and one of the KT77s didnt like it. so i switched it with another and its the socket, not the tube. i gave it the ol' in-out-in-out a few times ;) and used a small screwdriver to push the "pin grabbers" closer to each other.. i guess next ill have to get electrical contact cleaner?

when that is sorted out,
i am going to take out my new buddy to get on some cabs
of course i will try out the oversize recto 4x12,
hopefully i can find a place that has the VHT Fatbottom,
and where can i find a Vader 4x12?

please let me know if i should be checking out any other cabs,
i know nothing of cabs or speakers so links or info should help

and last,
backwordsman13,
whats up with you rolling your eyes in your posts?
do you think thats f*cking cute?
man up, homie.

You're hopeless.

StoneOfFire said:
i told him about you guys suggesting Maxon808, TS808, OCD,
he said that those pedals are for marshalls

that is funny

LnTh said:
Interesting. I read the whole thread and this kid still comes across as a troll to me. Anyone agree?

either that or some poor kid with A.D.D.

Anyway, dude.. Just grow a pair and take the friggin amp back. It's broken and it's not your fault. Why the f%&# do you wanna install KT88's. Why the f%&# do you buy an amp that you don't like?

That's the worst logic I've ever heard. It's more like lack of logic really. Sorry to sound mean but you made zero sense to me in this thread. Your ideas sound like stuff you've read all over the internet that has little to no application with your amp. It's like you heard somewhere that KT88's sound good but you can't fit them in the amp. What on earth are you inhaling dude?!? :?

+1 on the ADD part

I keep on thinking "how much gain does this guy need?" Super high gain is a crutch that can REALLY screw a player up.

One of the most entertaining threads on any forum...EVER! What a wiener (cant believe I typed that word but it is SO fitting). After all that he even tells Homie to man up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Picarddisgust.jpg

Back