Picked up a dc-5, settings, tips and suggestions welcome

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lankyleo

Reaction score
1088206374_l.jpg

This guy followed me home from the local guitar store about 2 weeks ago, have since re-tubed him with JJ's from eurotubes and spent countless hours tweaking settings. Switched from a DSL401 as the el84's came across as a bit to loose for me with the gian turned up.I Play anything from light blues to metal tones. Figured i'd toss a post up and see if anyone wanted to share there settings. (did a search but didnt come up with much)

On lead iv'e been running the EQ in a W shape, ( `. - .`)
Gain 7-8
treble around 5-7
mids 6-7
bass 3
reverb 3-4

Messed around with the standard V setting on teh eq but couldnt dial in the knobs to my liking, if one of u uses teh v-shap eq id love to see what ur knobs are at. (both on the eq and mid treble etc.)

Could really use some pointers on the clean channel.

Also how these things respond to having a Sd-1 or something similar out front?

I like my Mark IV with the SD-1 out in front if I am in the mood for it. Try it with your DC-5. It looks like it is already plugged in.

Try dialing your tone first with the EQ flat. Then slowly adjust your EQ until you like it more. I like mine in more of a square root shape than a true V.

You can also use the eq as a solo boost. Try to set the EQ curve to your liking so that it's centered around the center position, then move each slider up the same amount (keeping the same curve shape) depending on how much boost you want.

Latest posts

Back