Philips 7581A vs sylvania 415 STR vs Winged=C= 6l6

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cremona

Reaction score
Okay

After having huge succes changing my stock new breed mesa pre tubes with the mighty Tungsram`s, and RFT 12ax7 tubes, i decided to replace the power tubes as well .

I know that the go to tube for a simul c+ is sylvania 415 and 416, but from where i am im abel to get philips 7581 at ruffly half the price.

Will the philips 7581a give me the same headroom and refinment as the 415 ?

Then there is the winged c tubes have close will be to the reference in the sylvanias ?

regarding the el34 tubes, i can tell by the writings , that what i want are the fat bottel sylvanias , but are there other el34`s with the same cuntruction and sound that can be find cheaper ?

regards

cremona said:
Will the philips 7581a give me the same headroom and refinment as the 415 ?

YES. 8)

cremona said:
Then there is the winged c tubes have close will be to the reference in the sylvanias ?

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. :wink:

cremona said:
regarding the el34 tubes, i can tell by the writings , that what i want are the fat bottel sylvanias , but are there other el34`s with the same cuntruction and sound that can be find cheaper ?
NO. :( Often imitated, never duplicated. :twisted:

Thanks Joey all i needed to hear :wink:

Just bourgt a pair of green labeld philips 7581A 6l6 nos tubes and will try and find the sylvania 6ca7 fatboys.
The 7581a shuld be here within a week.

It apears that the philips are indeed the same as the 415 str, military spec, and dual halo getters

Here the are

hey this time i post a ebay auction AFTER i have bourgt the item this time :shock:

Are the legit ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230492840303&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

I have a ¿¿¿¿

What about the bias on those¿¿ Can you tell they will work¿¿

Mick

Come on guys littel tip on have its going to make my former ge short bottel oldsters C+ , go nuts after getting thise
:D

I read all info i could get on google regarding the subject, randall might well have had the exct same tubes in my amp when it was born if the writings a correct, but all point to the fact that the 7581a design was the tube the used through mark one and ending in 3.

Im seriously excited getting thise,this is a fixed biased mp imo it could ither go good or awsome, now i just need to kill those mullard reisue el34 mullards and get the sylvani 416`s and im ready to kill :twisted:

Oh and i decided to hunt down a mark 3 that has a 105 tranny and swap those , am i a complete idiot for even considdering it ?

my idea is the mark 3 could be linked with a simual sat amp i have and run it in stereo with a eventide in clean mode maybe even d akustik guitars ,

The amp would also be very special after that likely.

And the DRG head

Old style mark II pcb , but with a 105 tranny, the amp would be special because it was converted in 2006 by randall smith concluding that the preamp mod would be the same as the last and most refinet(or overrefint brighter. behaps?)version of the c+ mod the ended up with.

And it dos sound bright :wink:

and its a DRG

Oh and i decided to hunt down a mark 3 that has a 105 tranny and swap those , am i a complete idiot for even considdering it ?

my idea is the mark 3 could be linked with a simual sat amp i have and run it in stereo with a eventide in clean mode maybe even d akustik guitars ,

The amp would also be very special after that likely.

The DRG

Old style mark II pcb , but with a 105 tranny, the amp would be special because it was converted in 2006 by randall smith concluding that the preamp mod would be the same as the last and most refinet(or overrefint brighter. behaps?)version of the c+ mod the ended up with.

And she dos sound kinda bright , but in a harmonic unik way :wink:

and its a DRG

gts said:
I repeat myself when under stress

:)

Problem this time is i cant figure out have to delete , espicialy when written while im slowly falling a sleep infront of the pc.

cremona said:
gts said:

:)

Problem this time is i cant figure out have to delete , espicialy when written while im slowly falling a sleep infront of the pc.

Latest posts

Back