Phase Inverter blew? (C+)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Ed, I'm not terribly concerned because I am using the only amount I'd ever want anyway, I couldn't care less where on the knob it is as long as it's there. If it gets worse or I have some time I'll look into it. The reverb bag was cleaned by my tech friend when this amp still belonged to my father as I recall.

Do you like the GT12AX7M more than the SPAX7's that are in V1/V2 right now on mine? Would you recommend it over that Sovtek LPS?

Platypus said:
Thanks Ed, I'm not terribly concerned because I am using the only amount I'd ever want anyway, I couldn't care less where on the knob it is as long as it's there. If it gets worse or I have some time I'll look into it. The reverb bag was cleaned by my tech friend when this amp still belonged to my father as I recall.

Do you like the GT12AX7M more than the SPAX7's that are in V1/V2 right now on mine? Would you recommend it over that Sovtek LPS?

The bag holds the evaporated glue in, so cleaning the outside or inside of the bag will do no good. It's in the tank that needs to be cleaned.

The new Mesa SPAX7's are Chinese which I like, but the old Sovtek SPAX7's were to brittle and grainy for me. I bought 20 Sovtek LPS's and did not like them in anything. They were very flat and had no dynamics. For the new stuff, I think the 12AX7M and Chinese are a great balance. There is no doubt that NOS's like RFT's and STR-415's will give you a different feel, but you can chase tubes for a lifetime.

Boogiebabies said:
Platypus said:

The bag holds the evaporated glue in, so cleaning the outside or inside of the bag will do no good. It's in the tank that needs to be cleaned.

The new Mesa SPAX7's are Chinese which I like, but the old Sovtek SPAX7's were to brittle and grainy for me. I bought 20 Sovtek LPS's and did not like them in anything. They were very flat and had no dynamics. For the new stuff, I think the 12AX7M and Chinese are a great balance. There is no doubt that NOS's like RFT's and STR-415's will give you a different feel, but you can chase tubes for a lifetime.

Sorry, I meant the Sovtek for the V5, not V1/V2.

When did Mesa switch from Chinese to Russian? I imagine these SPAX7's are somewhat new as they look like the ones currently sold on the site.

Where do you find the GT 12ax7Ms for sale? Are you using the Shungung 9th gent?

gts said:
BB (or anyone) got any pics of the one wire ground mod for the reverb?
I do better with pictures and arrows :) I don't read well, and can barely speak at times....

Hey GTS, try some single malt scotch for the speech impediment!!...)

Back