perfect guitars

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatoni

Reaction score
if you had to pick two...maybe three guitars that you had to keep for the rest of your life what would they be? im thinking about changing a few things about what i have working for me. i need to be covering metal, jazz, rock and blues so need some versatility. i just dont want that versatility to come at the expense of being the perfect guitar for the perfect genre.

I love my Caparison Angelus to death. If it had a maple neck with a tune-o-matic bridge it'd be my absolute dream guitar

OutsideHGS2.jpg

I'd have my old '79 Les Paul Custom back

IMAG0056.jpg

And this Caparison Dellinger but with a fixed bridge

dellinger_1.jpg

1st choice - PRS CE22 wide thin neck, no trem.

That would be the ONE guitar I keep.....

A Fender Strat and an Ibanez RG of some sort would be my 2nd and 3rd choices....

fatoni said:
if you had to pick two...maybe three guitars that you had to keep for the rest of your life what would they be? im thinking about changing a few things about what i have working for me. i need to be covering metal, jazz, rock and blues so need some versatility. i just dont want that versatility to come at the expense of being the perfect guitar for the perfect genre.

es335 will do jazz, rock, and blues. i'm not sure what you'd want for metal, i'd probably get an ibanez to shred on.

Musicman BFRJP7
Ibanez LA Custom
PRS Hollowbody

id be set...

I use a Gibson LP BFG and Firebird Studio heavily with another LP or SG thrown in every once in a while but those two are my main.

My 3 perfect guitars would have to be...
suhr modern
suhr modern carve top
suht classic T...for those country tones
i wish i could afford these :cry:

+1 gplex. The pure distinct tone of a Les Paul can not be beat.

... and yet a 335 does have a kind of sweet~mellow that holds it's own against anything out there. Then there are P90's ... iconic on an SG.

2 or 3 for the rest of your life? In no necessary order: a strat, a Telecaster, and for the 3rd a PRS or Les Paul. Those would cover the genres and all sound completely different.

#1 would be my ES-355; #2 would be my old blonde '78 LP Deluxe (10lbs-3oz) heaviest guitar I ever wore!!! :shock:

I would say you have to have a strat/tele and a Les Paul. That way you have the two most enduring guitar designs ever made covered. I got those two and the I got the Esp standard series horizon fr2 as the ultimate modern sounding superguitar. With the exception of deep jazz hollowbody work, those 3 guitars can give you pretty much all the tones you need. You can switch out the ESP for any modern guitar with new design, but that was my choice over the ibanez,prs and others. You have to have the two main pillars of guitar , fender and Gibson, everything else is just for flavors those were not designed for.

My ESP Explorer for when I need to knock something over and my new Carvin ST-300 with coil splitting humbuckers for everything else.

My Jackson Rhoads US custom shop serial RR2772. Still feels like day 1 and that day was in january 1997.

Kelly001.jpg

Then there is my homebuild Fender Stratocaster. A one off and no US Fender compares. Schecter ash body, Fender Clapton neck, Fender '69 pickups. Had it since 1995 or so.

PurpleHazeLive002.jpg

My 2 acustic 6 strings.

My Jasmine S-60 was my first guitar which I got new in 1988.

Second one is an old '75 Yamaha FG160-1 which sounds wonderfull. I tried a Martin D45 and I could not tell the difference in the tone. Its thick and full.

Rezamatix said:
I would say you have to have a strat/tele and a Les Paul. That way you have the two most enduring guitar designs ever made covered.

I'm down with that. Furthermore, why not 'SteveMorse' it? Just toss everything together in one :)

Picture021.jpg

Dersu Uzala said:
Rezamatix said:
I would say you have to have a strat/tele and a Les Paul. That way you have the two most enduring guitar designs ever made covered.

I'm down with that. Furthermore, why not 'SteveMorse' it? Just toss everything together in one :)

Picture021.jpg

Holy Macaroni! Beautiful guitar there!! (I'm nervous seeing it on that wall though.)

Latest posts

Back