Pedalboard Update

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gezza

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Here is what I have at the moment.

So far working well.

DSC00034-1.jpg

I never thought I would toe tapping again, but it's not to bad.

Cheers,

Gezza.

hopefully you're now getting better tones than with your Boss GT :mrgreen:
what's that EQ pedal you got. Never seen one of those before.
And what's the WOBO ??
Plus - what's upfront and whats in the loop

Hey Newysurfer,

I have the ISP Decimator First, there is absolutely no noise/hum, until I play. I tried this in a few different positions and found that there was a bit of noise, then the noise gate kicked in.

I started out with the Wobo, which is a booster/buffer, but remember I noticed some tone loss (Suck) with the pedals in the front of the amp.

So I added the MI-Audio Boost n Buff and moved the Wobo at the end of the chain for the pedals in the front of the amp.

So, Guitar>ISP >Tone Press>Wah>BB Preamp>Crunch Box>Tuner>Wobbo> to the amp, then Effects loop, ISP> Delay>EQ>Boost n Buff to effects Return.

I did find last week that the BB Preamp, sounded pretty good on clean and Burn channel. It has taken me 2 weeks to dial this pedal in.

The EQ is Biyang, got it off ebay for $60.00, works really well plus it's easy to see at a dark gig.

I have noticed a difference in my tone, more real sounding.

I have had quite a few compliments from fellow Guitarist, so very encouraging.

Many thanks for all the advise.

Cheers,

Gezza.

no wurries mate
I'm just glad it's all coming together for ya and you feel you've got improved tone.
I thought you'd get there with some trial & error.
Took me a full 12 months to piece it all together :mrgreen:

Cool. Can you give us a rundown of how you have it setup and what tone-types you use which effects for?

Here's mine:

pedalboard.jpg

I use the BB Preamp for any Andy Timmons-type slightly overdriven tones, the Satchurator for metal, and the Polysaturator for in-between stuff. FYI - this pedalboard came along before I got the MB Roadster or the Express. Now I mostly use the dirty channels on those amps, but once in a while I kick one of these three while on the clean channels. It's a different/change of pace type of OD/Dist tones.

The Philosopher's Tone is my compressor/sustainer. I use it when I want to play some compressed clean sounds (or when I feel like Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge type tones) or just want to fool around with crazy sustain. The Mind Bender is my Chorus/Vibrato pedal, mostly used for clean chording. The Small Stone kicks in whenever I feel like playing some Pink Floyd songs. :) The Nova Delay is my all-purpose delay pedal and I use it at different settings for different moods - anywhere from U2 type stuff to just adding a small echo to a lead tone. Finally, the Big Bad Wah is my spot-duty wah pedal - whenever I feel the funk or the Slash/Kirk Hammett kick in.

This is fun isn't it?

How do you like your MindBender?

I've been torn lately between that and a Cool Cat Vibe and a Voodoo Lab Micro Vibe.....can't decide, and don't want to drop the bucks for a Pickle Vibe even though they seem to have the monopoly on good sounding vibes....

The Mind Bender is a pretty extreme pedal. You have to be very careful with the knobs because a slight turn will really make a big difference in the sound. It's almost like they start out where something like a Boss chorus pedal would stop.

The vibrato effect on it is pretty cool for playing old-school psychedelic-type stuff. It's not the same effect as a uni-vibe though. It really gets a into a weird detuned wavy sound if you roll the depth and speed past 2 o'clock.

I use it for shimmering clean chords by dialing down the speed/depth. It works pretty well for that. I A/Bed this with an EH Nano Clone and I picked this because the range of sounds was wider and the shimmer on the chorus sounded better to me.

There are some pretty good YouTube demos of the Mind Bender... one of them by Guitar World.

Gezza, how do you like the Weeping Demon wah? It doesn't suck tone when turned off? I have one and that's what I recall about it.

Johnny

Hey badjohnny,

Weeping demon. HMMM!!

No tone suck, as I have the Line buffer at the end of the effect chain.

Still trying to get the tones I like out of this thing, I do like having all the extra controls. I love the fact when you step on the Wah it activates, I set it so when I finish playing, there is a small delay before it turns off.

I find that when you use a Wah on a clean channel, it sounds different than on a heavy distortion channel.

I mainly use the wah with distortion.

Thanks,

Gezza.

I had a Weeping Demon. I fooled around with for quite awhile. I was never happy with the sound I got out of it. lots of controls and the instant on feature was nice but I sold it. I splurged and got a Dunlop Buddy Guy signature wah and it is phenomenal. Fourth wah I have owned hands down my favorite :wink:

3617959461_39e9b5baa8_b.jpg

This is my current board except I pulled the Cool Cat Fuzz and put on a VooDoo labs Sparkle Drive. It seems to work real well with my 5:25x12. The lRC-2 board I just use for practice the other I gig with. I picked up a Fulltone Mini-Deja Vibe/Chorus pedal (the one that looks like a wah) and looking forward to working that one in right before the BG wah. It is more subtle than I expected.

Latest posts

Back