Pedal Ma's

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhguitar1

Reaction score
If I run a pedal using the right voltage but wrong Milliamps, will it make a big difference in tone? Example... I am putting together a pedalboard. The inputs run at 100 Ma's. As of now, I have a Tremonti Wah which is 300 Ma's, a DD-20 which is 200 Ma's and an OCD which I am not sure about the Ma's. Am I going to have to use separate power supplies for anything over 100 Ma's? I hope this makes sense.
Basically, I was hoping to just be able to plug everything into the pedalboard and not have to run any power strips. Is this possible?

Thanks

the adapter being used should have a amperage rating higher than the combined amperage of all devices being powered

ex:pedal1 500mA, pedal2 200mA power supply should be rated atleast 700+mA

just make sure the voltage is right. the devices present a resistive load, the voltage divided by the resistance will determine how many amps are going to drawn from the power source.

the pedalboard is a SKB ps-45. Each output is 100 mA's. It has 8 outputs, so does that mean it is capable of 800 mA's total?

jhguitar1 said:
the pedalboard is a SKB ps-45. Each output is 100 mA's. It has 8 outputs, so does that mean it is capable of 800 mA's total?

that sounds about right.

Latest posts

Back