Pedal for Express 5:25 efx loop to act as a global volume?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donalddemon

Reaction score
I don't have room or need for a full volume pedal with treadle, maybe just a one knob passive volume pedal? I believe the 5:25 has a serial loop, so does it matter about which value of pot/taper the volume pedal uses? Any suggestions?

The idea is to give me control over my mix live (turning knob with foot with be good) and also to leave the two channel volumes set to one place instead of adjusting both for different situation, like a global master volume would. Since there is no global master or volume control for the loop I can't think of any other way to do this. It's kind of annoying but otherwise I am really digging this amp!

donalddemon said:
I don't have room or need for a full volume pedal with treadle, maybe just a one knob passive volume pedal? I believe the 5:25 has a serial loop, so does it matter about which value of pot/taper the volume pedal uses? Any suggestions?

The idea is to give me control over my mix live (turning knob with foot with be good) and also to leave the two channel volumes set to one place instead of adjusting both for different situation, like a global master volume would. Since there is no global master or volume control for the loop I can't think of any other way to do this. It's kind of annoying but otherwise I am really digging this amp!

An EQ pedal with a master volume control like this one.

http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/m108-10-band-graphic-eq

Set the EQ's flat in a line and then boost or cut volume only.
Also great to have for any other tone shaping desires you might have.
This one is a great versatile pedal and is always on my board :mrgreen:

But.............it's probly too big for you also.
I never seen anything smaller than either a volume or EQ pedal for master volume control

Newysurfer said:
donalddemon said:

An EQ pedal with a master volume control like this one.

http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/m108-10-band-graphic-eq

Set the EQ's flat in a line and then boost or cut volume only.
Also great to have for any other tone shaping desires you might have.
This one is a great versatile pedal and is always on my board :mrgreen:

But.............it's probly too big for you also.
I never seen anything smaller than either a volume or EQ pedal for master volume control

Yeah I thought about using a simple EQ, I have the Dano small one and that does the job too, just wondering if there were any other ways people have done it where they have control over the level w/o reaching down to change the knobs

I have the Express 5:25 too, and I use a Morley little alligator volume pedal to controle my global volume (mainly switching between rhythm ans lead sounds).

Initially I wanted to go for an Ernie Ball passive volume pedal but I wasn't sure if I should go for a 500kohms or a 25kohms pedal and since the Express 5:25 fx loop is not buffered the manual state not to use more than 3 feets lenght cables I choosed the Morley, since it is active I can forget the impedance issue and make my fx loop buffered.
It does the job I wanted, the sound is correctly respected, but I don't find it easy to tune the volume precisely.

Latest posts

Back