Peavey 6505+- No Volume on Rhythm Channel

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogie1

Reaction score
I'm trying to help my son with a problem with his Peavey 6505+ amp. (Hey, I told him to get a Boogie!)

There is no volume output on his rhythm channel. You can hear something very faintly. Does this sound like preamp tubes? The amp is barely a year old and although it's possible, I've rarely even seen preamp tubes go bad in any amp.

If not tubes, what else could it be?

Ive had a 5150II for over 5 years now, never had an issue.. So i wouldnt blame that on not being a boogie. :)

Anyway, does the lead channel operate normally? and is there no noise no matter if the crunch/brightswitches are pressed?

I'm not reallly sure what would cause that in only one channel... id guess the tubes or something internal.

eitherway check out peavey's forums there are plenty of people that should be able to help out over there.... also there is a 5 year warranty on them like the boogies I believe, so see if you can get a tech to look at it.

Sounds like a preamp tube, always start with your cables, then tubes, and move on from there, but I have had that problem with 2 different amps and both times it has been a preamp tube, just go buy a single tube, and move it to each pot seperately and see if it helps!!!

yup, start replacing preamp tubes 1 at a time. I'm guessing v1 or v2 is bad. be careful, on one of my 5150's I had an arcing preamp tube take out a jfet on the mainboard. easy fix...once you pull the board out. ugh

Latest posts

Back