Parts for mark1 Dual Recto?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Botch

Reaction score
Hey. Very soon I'll be be part ex-ing my DSL for a MkI Dual Recto (my first Mesa amp) which is a great deal but cosmetically it's a bit tatty. Is there anywhere on the net where i can find the correct amp corners and handle for it? Cheers.

Do you mean a MK 1 or an early Dual Rectifier?

The MK I hardware is still made for the reissue and the DR parts are mostly in stock. The corners are leather and nailed in with a short triangle head nail.

Call Mesa. They are very helpful and will welcome you to the family.

Thanks, I'll do that. I meant an early Dual Recto, one of the two channel ones. I can't wait to swap the Marshall DSL50 for the Mesa. :D

Botch said:
Thanks, I'll do that. I meant an early Dual Recto, one of the two channel ones. I can't wait to swap the Marshall DSL50 for the Mesa. :D

Ooh, Good Find! 8)

Does anyone know if Mesa sells new casing for these amps? The chassis and everything is fine, it's just that the tolex and silver plating is a bit grubby looking. Cheers.

If I recall, my friend had a DSL50 watt Marshall. He said he liked it but he claims he could set a good distortion tone but at expense of the clean channel tone and visa-versa, he'll dial in a good clean tone but the distortion tone would suffer, visa versa. He claimed he did not like shared tone controls.

Should of got a Dual Rectifier from the start. 8)

RR said:
If I recall, my friend had a DSL50 watt Marshall. He said he liked it but he claims he could set a good distortion tone but at expense of the clean channel tone and visa-versa, he'll dial in a good clean tone but the distortion tone would suffer, visa versa. He claimed he did not like shared tone controls.

Should of got a Dual Rectifier from the start. 8)

I live in England. A Dual Rec is £1600. A DSL is £500. I'm a student. See why I didn't get one 'from the start'?

Botch said:
I live in England. A Dual Rec is £1600. A DSL is £500. I'm a student. See why I didn't get one 'from the start'?
:oops:
I'm sorry, I meant to say my friend who had the DSL50 should have got a Dual Rectifier from the start. :?

I kinda feel bad you Britians and Aussie pay so much for MESA/Boogies. And I feel bad those that can't find Authorized dealer in the US when I'm just around the corner from one. If a Boogie model is not in the store, they could have one shipped right away unless its back ordered.

I didn't mean to brag :wink:

Ooops, bit of a misunderstanding there! It's cool :lol:

Yeh it really sucks we have to pay so much because the prices are really out of most players reach. I'm so lucky to have got mine cheap otherwise it could've been another few years until i got my hands on the Recto...My guitarist buddies are rather jealous!

Latest posts

Back