Parkway Drive (PICS LOADED...finally)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Areola said:
Kiss My Axe said:
Areola said:
:?

maybe one day i'll learn what the attraction to emo music is

...Parkway Drive isn't emo. They are metalcore. My Chemical Romance (sh!t) is emo. I'm not saying all emo music is bad, some is actually pretty good (Lost Prophets), but metalcore isn't emo. Tried to be more open-minded about music.

hardcore/emocore/metalcore/emo/emotive hardcore
its all the same to someone who listens to Kyuss.

When bands scream about some bullshit about how they're oh so sad and have any kind of fringe, they're all emo. its all crap music based around the sterility of 80s hair metal with a goth/punk fashion sense.

That statement is so wrong and ignorant on so many levels. Get over yourself!

man they have used hk triamps 5150's, 2 channel rectos, racktos, 5150II,framus cobra each different show they play something different

Botch: you're welcome friend

1vic1, that's interesting. How many times hve you seen them live? Their tone was MONSTROUS at this show. It sounded really huge in the small venue I saw them in.

-AJH

Botch said:
Areola said:
Kiss My Axe said:
...Parkway Drive isn't emo. They are metalcore. My Chemical Romance (sh!t) is emo. I'm not saying all emo music is bad, some is actually pretty good (Lost Prophets), but metalcore isn't emo. Tried to be more open-minded about music.

hardcore/emocore/metalcore/emo/emotive hardcore
its all the same to someone who listens to Kyuss.

When bands scream about some bullshit about how they're oh so sad and have any kind of fringe, they're all emo. its all crap music based around the sterility of 80s hair metal with a goth/punk fashion sense.

That statement is so wrong and ignorant on so many levels. Get over yourself!

Sorry to be the one to tell you this... but its more ignorant to believe there's a vast difference. 99.99% of people would not be able to tell the difference between a Kyuss song and a Hermano song, but to me there is a world of difference. If you think there's a difference between all those genres then you're obviously too close to have an unjaded opinion, just like me and those forementioned artists.

But on the real emo and hardcore sound the same?

Emo = Rites of Spring and Fugazi

Hardcore = American Nightmare, Carry On.

Some people slay me on this board.

Not big on Parkway Drive but when I saw them with This is Hell and Comeback Kid in 07 they were using Framus and 5150's.

Nice dudes though.

look at the difference in eras.

take Metallica for example, they sounded different from 1984 to 1994 and they're the same fucking band.

Latest posts

Back