Parallel Effects Loop bothering me...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grOOvadelic

Reaction score
I have two line6 stomp modelers that I initially tried through the parallel effects look in my Rectoverb. I finally started to understand the logic behind the parallel vs. series effects loop after sitting down and reading the manual.

So for my modulation effects (line6 mm4), I dial the mix in 100% or a little less if desired on the pedal so that all I get is the "wet" signal and then I dial in the "dry" signal with the knob in the back of the amp, correct?

Well, for the line6 dl4 delay it's a little more tricky because there's a pretty big variance between wet and dry than for the mm4. It'll be really tough to try and dial in the prefect balance between wet and dry for preset and setting the knob in the back and probably taping it or something to prevent it from getting nudged.

I know this has been brought up before, but is there a set of instructions out there on how to mod the amp from parallel to series? Running the DL4 and MM4 in the parallel without using the above methodology does not sound good to my ears. I'm a DIY guy and I have plenty of experience modding amps, pedals, and guitar electronics.

Before you mod, try setting the Mix knob on the back of the amp to 100%, put the send at whatever doesn't overload the pedals. Now dial in the pedals one at a time.

This way you're kind of making a "fake series" loop. This is the only way i can get my G-System to work without phasing issues and it sounds pretty good to my ears.

-Wrake

The issue with the setting the mix all the way, is that the max setting on the Recto is 90% parallel. In the manual it lists 100% and I really wish it were this.

Wrake said:
Before you mod, try setting the Mix knob on the back of the amp to 100%, put the send at whatever doesn't overload the pedals. Now dial in the pedals one at a time.

I never could get this to work for me, but it's worth a shot. Don't let the 90% vs 100% distract you.. If it sounds fine, then go with it and if it doesn't then get the mod. It cost me around $65 to get T-verb modded to serial, and it was worth every penny for me.

Good luck!

tele_jas said:
Wrake said:

I never could get this to work for me, but it's worth a shot. Don't let the 90% vs 100% distract you.. If it sounds fine, then go with it and if it doesn't then get the mod. It cost me around $65 to get T-verb modded to serial, and it was worth every penny for me.

Good luck!

is it true the mod disables the solo boost function and/or the ability to toggle the loop on and off? Granted I have a 3 channel recto so it might be different, but I've heard that and it has put me off from getting it modded. Maybe I'll call mesa tomorrow or within the week and double check with them. The good news is I've heard it's completley reversable.

grOOvadelic said:
The issue with the setting the mix all the way, is that the max setting on the Recto is 90% parallel. In the manual it lists 100% and I really wish it were this.

reminds me of when i called mesa and the guy on the phone who was very nice said "well the POT is at 100 percent.." he even chuckled after that as did i:)

Latest posts

Back