our new tune done with my Boogie!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masque

Reaction score
hey guys, me and buddy have finished a new tune called "shallow"....the rhythm guitars were done with my Triaixs (both clean and dirty)....the solo was recorded with the new Marshall JVM 410H. The song kicks in pretty hard about halfway through....I would be very appreciative if you guys would check it out and let me know what you think about it. Click the link below for a free download along with lyrics and production notes.

http://musicexe.com/news/?p=25

This song made me smile. You and Gonzo are my two favourite song writers in this forum.

~trem

very nice song mate, and very nice production!!
can you give us more details? you went to a studio or recorded it home?

masque-

shallow-
cool groove, nice clean gtr tones in the beginning..
vox is great... reminds me of a more laid back chris cornell style....
great break riff....
solo's cool, nice harmony... but i'm not thrilled about the sound of the JVM

my guess is, the triaxis would sound better...
but it's always cool to have different amp textures, so that the parts stand out against each other....
i'd like to hear the bass guitar louder and clearer...
the only time i can really hear it is on the quieter parts....
cool tune

hey guys thanks for the kind words! I havnt been on for a few days so I apoligize for the delay in responding.

trem- thank you very much I really appreciate that a bunch!

metal knight- thanks! clikc the link below and it will take you to a page that you can click on my produciton blog that will give you aot of details about the recording process....it was recorded in my home studio. www.musicexe.com/news/?p=29

gonzo- thanks for the comments....i really respect yoru work so I appreciate you taking the time to make those well thought out comments...i thought after listening to the final mix awhile now that I may go back in and pump up the bass a little bit. so good call on that.

Back