OT-need help badly on connecting to studio monitors

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkIVwidebody

Reaction score
I'm trying to connect Alesis M1 Active Mk2 monitors to my BR-1200 CD. The Boss only has RCA outputs, no 1/4" outputs. It also has digital out but Alesis has no digital in-just XLR in. What do I have to do? Can I get a digital out cable that goes into the XLR inputs of both speakers? Or can I get a single to dual headphone adapter and plug both 1/4" plugs from the speakers into the headphone jack? Again-I need to get RCA outs into my monitor's XLR to 1/4" output jacks.

Sounds like you need RCA to XLR cables - although I'd think you'd want to run the CD through a board and then output the board to the speakers. You probably can't control the output level on the RCA outs direct to the monitors, so maybe the headphone out (which has a volume control?) idea has merit (TRS Male-to-2 TS Female, 2 x TS Male-to-XLR Male - or - a TRS Male 'Y' to XLR Males [which I have not seen]).

See below for cables to connect RCA-to-XLR.

http://www.speakerrepair.com/mm5/me...oduct_Code=37-356&Category_Code=xlr-rca-patch

jbw

Thanks for that but I found out the Alesis does take 1/4" inputs. I'm a newb to monitors and the 1/4" and XLR goes into the same place-I didn't know that. I got RCA to male 1/4". BTW these monitors kick *** compared to the Behringer MS40.

Latest posts

Back