OT but most everyone here seems to know there stuff.....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdurso

Reaction score
Does anyone find most of the people on harmony central's forums to be complete idiots?? it could just be my perseption but most of those people never have anything good to say and don't really help with anything aside from starting arguements

It seems like alot of times I'll read reviews on some of the vintage reissue gear, for example: the Marshall plexi reissues or a '57 reissue Strat, and some of these kids will talk **** on it just because they can't get that "Nu Metal" sound out of it, or they will give a glowing reviews on something thats just total crap, like a Squier Affinity-series guitar or a Crate solid state amp. But sometimes you can just skim through those & find a review done by someone that sounds like they know what they are talking about. Just make sure your "B.S." meter is turned on when your read Harmony Central reviews :lol:

There are some good guys on there that really know their stuff and there are a lot of kids that have no clue. It's usually pretty easy to discern the two.

totally agree with both of you..... it just seems you get a lot of elitist on there that will only swear by massively expensive gear (ie diezel, engl, framus, bogner, etc.), which is fine because those are incredible amps but it seems if you dont take out a lean on your house to buy it its worth ****. Plus all the little teeny boppers as i like to call them just cause arguements in most of the good threads.... this is probably why i stick to GT and only go to HC for some laughs.... there is actually a great thread on there over their noobie misconceptions about gear... like speakers behind the grille of an amphead...anyway thanks for humoring my question

Of all the forums i've been on, this one and the Andy Sneap forum are the only forums that aren't full of idiots.

There are idiots on all fora, but you'll find the most of them on the generic guitars and amps fora. When it's a specialized forum such as this one or the Les Paul Forum, most people really seem to know their stuff.
On the downside, specialized fora often turn into a shrine for the brand and the artists who play that brand.

jdurso said:
.... this is probably why i stick to GT and only go to HC for some laughs.... there is actually a great thread on there over their noobie misconceptions about gear... like speakers behind the grille of an amphead...

What is GT? I'd like to check it out...What's the URL?

HC reviews are like honeymoons or bad first dates.....not really very clear.

If you read reviews from people that:
a) don't swear a lot.
b) dont posture a lot
c) have had the gear for a while

you can actually get some good info.

eldi said:
Just make sure your "B.S." meter is turned on when your read Harmony Central reviews :lol:

hahahah. that's so true. i read their boards from time to time, but this board is my favorite :)

Latest posts

Back