Oscillation

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixtonoize

Reaction score
I don't use a lot of effects, but I thought I landed the solution to all of my problems when I got my F-100 (and my Rectoverb) with its parallel loop (minimal tone suckage...yay!), however, on certain level/mix settings, and certain effects (mostly chorus/phase.flange), I get this low frequency oscillation that starts out quiet, and feeds back into itself until I put the amp on Standby.

Is there any way round this, by way of knob tweaking? Would a series loop mod take care of it? Should I just give up on FX entirely, or go with pedals?

Any help would be appreciated.

... have you nailed it down to which effect or what combination of effects is causing the condition?

wait a minute... you're not using individual pedals?

.. Ok and you say .. "on certain settings" .. Are these the more extream settings? ... have you tried adjusting the oscillation out with the FX mix knob? ... what about putting the unit on bypass when not actively playing?

I have a Boss DD-3. If I set the delay time on the longest (800ms) and turn the level up to high the same thing you mentioned happens. Check the "level" for the settings and see if this is the culprit.

It seems to happen any time I have my FX mix above 25-30%. I usually use about 200-500ms of delay, and a variety of phase/chorus settings.

Would a series mod help this out, or does it seem like its primarily an issue with my settings?

Check your EQ settings or your wet/dry signal mix on the processor. I'm not too familiar with the S-100, but if it has a preamp built into it that can't be bypassed, that is probably the culprit. I had the same problems with my Digitech Valve FX, and GSP2101. If I turned the EQs down on certain frequencies just a hair, the feedback stops.

as mentioned above if there are any distortion patches enabled then the mesa will squeel like a pig this has happened to me many times also wat you could try on the problem patches is maybe altering the low frequency roll off if your unit has it also play with the send and return knobs. just experiment till it works.

Back