Orig Mesa Mark 1 15" combo worth???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squidboy

Reaction score
Sorry if this should be posted in the classifieds instead, but I just created my account and for some reason I'm not 'authorised' to post in that area. Anyhoo...

I have an original Mark I 15" (Altec Lansing) combo, 100/60 watt, w/EQ (missing 3 slider knobs, one of remaining two is cracked, all sliders are intact), no reverb, cream tolex (vg-ex condition - no tears, but some 'smears' and a few scuffs), tan grillcloth (a few snags, but no tears or holes), SN B0017, all original as far as I can tell (no mods), original(?) GE tubes, both ends of the chassis have 'HG' in blue magic marker, one end also says 'Bill Johnson' (not sure if this is the original owner or what?). I don't see any dates on the chassis, inside or out.

I'm thinking (just thinking for now) about selling this beast, but I'm not sure what she's worth. Don't see many 15" Mark 1's out there in the e-universe, so I don't have any price comparisons to make. Unless I'm mistaken, only 300 were ever made, so given the SN this'd be one of the first. I was wondering if any of you Mesa Boogie nuts could give me a hint as far as the history and/or value of this amp.

Thanks!

-- Eric

Back