Orange PPC412 Cab a good idea?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andre Oliveros

Reaction score
hi, i think im finally going home, where i can play as loud as the devil ask, so i was thinking on getting a Cab i want a 4X12 and my two options Orange, and Mesa rectifier cab, so what do you guys think? does anyone use The mark V and this combination?

thanks

Dre.

I have an Orange PPC412 and a Recto 4x12. I prefer the Recto 4x12.

The Orange 4x12 produces more upper bass, which some will interpret as a warmer sound, however it tends to mud up the final product a fair bit.

The Recto 4x12 produces less upper bass and more lower bass, which sounds clearer but can add some boom if you're not careful with your bass settings. That said, the Mark V is a pretty tight amp to start with so the bit of extra sag can help fatten the response up a bit.

The Orange 4x12 is faster tracking with less sag, but it doesn't have the 3D effect that the Recto 4x12's looser tracking produces.

The Orange 4x12 also has it's mid spike sitting up a bit higher in frequency, which to me makes it sound harsher than the Recto 4x12, which is a bit smoother in comparison. The Recto 4x12 also seems to have more detail in the midrange... probably because the mid spike is detuned down to a different frequency.

Long story short, I feel the Recto cab produces a clearer, more aggressive sound than the Orange cab, which tends to sound a little warmer but less detailed.

Hey, what's up?'

I own an Orange PPCHP-8 4x12 that I play with my Mark III's. Outside of the Port City OS cabs, it's the best cab I've owned,hands down. These cabs rule. Because they're pretty bassy by themselves, I have to keep all the bass low on the amps. I've heard a Mark V CRANKED LOUD (in a live setting) through the PPC and to my ears, it sounded really **** sweet. Really full with tons of clarity. Big fan of these with the Port City. Good luck!

I didnt like my mk5 through the PPC412, but I loved it with the PPC212 :)

I've played my Mark V through an Orange 4x12 and it was awesome! However, I'll take my Port City 2x12 over just about any 4x12. They sound just as big and fat, but weigh FAR less. Just my 2 cents!

Back