Orange or Red which do you prefer???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Orange - Vintage. It's heavy, but warm too. The red channel is too brutal sounding for my taste and when I do use it, I have the presense down almost all the way and use it for a semi distorted sound (vintage w/gain about 11:00 - or Raw w/gain about 1:00).

I use the vintage Orange channel most of the time though for some applications the Red channel is my second string.

I typically use the two channels in the opposite order. I use the Red channel on the Vintage setting with less gain because I like the more presency sound. I use the Orange channel in the Modern mode with more gain for the heaviness.

OK then, on my two channel Dual Rec w/EL34''s, I use Red channel on Modern and Orange channel cloned to Modern "clean".

I prefer channel 2 in modern mode. It just thicker and heavier. I set it up ch.2 with less presence and slightly scooped and I set ch.3 in modern with more presence and mids for a more cutting and thrashy sound. Then I can just choose between them depending on what's needed.

I've had my DR 2ch. only for one month...but i prefer red channell with tube rectifier on bold setting. My style being black/death/thrash metal, to be exact:)

Back