Opinions wanted - Rig set up idea

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJ-Nick

Reaction score
I'm looking to use my Mark IV head and Express 5:50 2X12 combo for gigs. I am thinking of using a Radial Headbone to use the Mark IV and the 5:50 through the 5:50 2X12 C90's. I would have an amazing amount of flexibility to set the channels on both amps to cover just about any sound I need, from clean to high gain. I was also thinking about either mixing the c90 with a V30 in the combo cabinet. Anyone have an opinion on how that would sound? I was also thinking about changing the both c90's to V30's ....any comments or recommendations will be appreciated
Thanks in advance
NJ-Nick

I run a Mark IV into a traditional cab with V30s and C90s in an X-pattern.

Ever since I made the speaker swap, I feel like my tone has improved 10-fold. 4 V30s, especially with the Mark IV, was nice, but after a while, just bland. The tone was all mids, and in all honesty, was TOO sharp and edgy. The C90s are a much smoother speaker, so paired with the V30s, they made for a HUGE sound. Bigger low end, tighter, smoother highs (my leads are killer now).

Definitely recommend mixing the speakers.

Back