Old road king values

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodut

Reaction score
I Have an older road king (sereial number 18) It has all updates and in excellent condition. I bought it from guitar center for 1700. I was wondering if it would be worth more becuase its one of the first ones made.

Now....probably not....in the future, maybe?

The older rectos are quite the craze with some. You'd need more time to tell. It depends how the new models turn out for everyone.

As of what I've read so far with the new model, I don't think anyone is going to be looking back.

#1 Wow! I think it would be worth more if it was never played, but what fun is that!. Some people claim they need that Pentode/Triode switch. Like Ibanez4life said. Maybe the older Road Kings might be highly sought after in a few years.

MetalMatt said:
#1 Wow! I think it would be worth more if it was never played, but what fun is that!. Some people claim they need that Pentode/Triode switch. Like Ibanez4life said. Maybe the older Road Kings might be highly sought after in a few years.
Actually I didn't think it was so important for me at the begining, but after giving it a try I discovered that the pentode/triode switch make great differences in sound. It's very useful indeed.

i think a few people will look back to the RK1 for the pentone/triode switch and maybe some wil prefer channels 1 and 2 of the RK1 as opposed to the loanstar ones form the RK2.

Latest posts

Back