Old Boogie Combo, 15" speaker, what's it worth?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Crabtree

Reaction score
I have an old Boogie (pre-Mark) combo with one 15" JBL speaker. The date on the bottom of the chassis is 3-77, and it is has 3 initials, the only one of which I can read is the first one, R.

A friend told me about the Boogie Board, and said that someone here might be able to give me a rough idea of what it's worth. It is in pretty good shape, although the tolex is coming up in a few spots. It has a presence and a slave control in the back. I have some pictures if that would help narrow it down some.

I'm probably going to want to sell it. Would the classified section of this board be the best place to do so?

Thanks

Ben Crabtree

Ben Crabtree said:
I have an old Boogie (pre-Mark) combo with one 15" JBL speaker. The date on the bottom of the chassis is 3-77, and it is has 3 initials, the only one of which I can read is the first one, R.

Smells like an original Mark I with the 15" speaker. Do the initials look anything like "RCS"?

Ben Crabtree said:
I'm probably going to want to sell it. Would the classified section of this board be the best place to do so?

Thanks

Ben Crabtree

Try it on the Boogie Classifieds (best bet) and/or Ebay if you like paying a bunch of fees :evil: .

If you can, you should post some pictures! I'd love to see them. Plus, it would help to better ID the amp. You've come to the right place...There are a lot of very helpful people on this board!

Johnson said:
If you can, you should post some pictures! I'd love to see them. Plus, it would help to better ID the amp. You've come to the right place...There are a lot of very helpful people on this board!

I'm not too swift on bulletin boards, and I can't figure out how to post/attach pictures. I have them in electronic form, so they are available if I can just figure out how to attach them

Ben Crabtree

Call Mesa,they will tell you for sure what the amp is,but I think Joey B. is right about the MKI.

A 15" MK I combo is exceptionally uncommon. I have only only seen one other. Putting a value on it would be tough. Unfortunately, it will go for as much as someone is willing to pay for it, but in out minds its a limited find and deserves a decent market value.

Latest posts

Back