Ok, so LSS rocks as well

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeoBull

Reaction score
I went into GC with my Fly Mojo and tried an LSS 1x12 in the backroom. REALLY a great amp. Very different then the LSC: I found it more resopnsive to pick and volume knob dynamics; a pleasure to play.

So I took it home...and my goal is to keep both LSS and LSC. Only question for this group:

I really did not get that much TRUE clean headroom. Once the Gain on ch 1 was up a third or more on 30 watts with the Master cranked almost all the way I started to experience some breakup; albeit beautiful breakup. Assuming the amp is fine (just came from GC):

What are some settings people are using between Gain and Master to get headroom?

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure I understand the question....

I don't feel that the LSS is designed with the thought in mind of having lots of clean headroom. It's just going to be cleaner than other power/gain/drive choices that it has.

What importance would that be if you are keeping the LSC which had tons of headroom?

You might try moving the speaker jumper to "Optional" which is 35 watts.

These are good points; I played around a lot more with the LSS tonight and it really was great; with both of these I'm just simply done. The LSS is incredibly responsive and snappy, the LSC is huge and strong.

There are 2 tricks which will get you all the clean headroom you want on a LSS.

1. Retube it, particulrly the power tubes - the NOS Tungsram EL84 will give more headroom than the Tesla(not JJ)
2. Dial the channel 1 Master low around 10.5 and use the Solo volume control as your overall volume control for channel 1. Best way to balance is to start by dialing in channel 2 and output volume to taste, then adjust solo volume with channel 1 so it's matched for overall output. All you need to do is press both footswitch pedal switches at once to then change channels and match volumes with plenty of clean headroom. The bonus is that channel 1 is even sweeter sounding used this way and handles humbuckers much better

Latest posts

Back