ok I've got pictures of my amp NEED HELP

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haydn

Reaction score
OK So I've been trying to ID my amp for awhile and I've read the entire Boogie Files website and still cant figure it out, so I'm posting some pictures here to see if you guys can help me out.

In this picture you can see the "C" and either "83" or "87"
IMG_0779.jpg

In this one you can see some writings that I have no idea what they mean
IMG_0783.jpg

Another shot of the writings from the previous picture and the name "Tina" it is also interesting to note that on the side of the chasis where my hand in big letters is "DRG"
IMG_0786.jpg

A frontal shot of the amp
Picture041.jpg

A rear shot of the amp...
Picture043.jpg

...and finally a close up shot of the serial number which is "10618"
Picture044.jpg

"DRG" means "Dual/Reverb/Graphic". Ed (boogiebabies) has a writeup somewhere on this forum that explains it.

From the placement of the PI it looks like you have a Mark II simul-class, which is pretty neat as it's a relatively rare power section for IIs to have.

I don't know enough to tell you if it's a A or a B or a C though. Probably a B from the serial #.

IIB. There is a blue relay on the preamp board and no pull function over the Bass knob. It may be one of the last IIB's. That power transformer looks huge ( Like the 105 ).

The preamp board from what I can see of it in the second picture looks like a RP-9. It should be etched in the board just to left of the large blue capacitor. Check this. If it is a RP-9 then it is a Mark IIB. Also check for a pull on the Bass knob. If it does not pull this would distinguish this amp as a IIB rather than a IIC or IIC+. The serial number, as has already been pointed out, suggests that the amp is a IIB. Simulclass IIBs are not that common. Nice score.

Latest posts

Back