Ohms question for Mark IV combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milkbonemav

Reaction score
Hi all! Do you think it would be OK to run a 16 ohm speaker in my Mark IV combo? The reason I ask is all of my extention cabs are 16 ohm also (4x12 and 2x12). If yes, which jacks should I run them in?
Thanks!

If you want to run the combo speaker AND the 2x12 AND the 4x12 all at the same time, get a parallel "Y" speaker cord. Then connect the the 16 ohm cabs to each side of the "Y" and hook it to the 4 ohm speaker output jack of the MkIV. Then connect the combo speaker to the other 4 ohm speaker output jack of the MkIV. :D

JOEY B. said:
If you want to run the combo speaker AND the 2x12 AND the 4x12 all at the same time, get a parallel "Y" speaker cord. Then connect the the 16 ohm cabs to each side of the "Y" and hook it to the 4 ohm speaker output jack of the MkIV. Then connect the combo speaker to the other 4 ohm speaker output jack of the MkIV. :D

I wish I had a need for all of those speakers!!! I was really looking to use either cab with the combo at one time. The manual doesn't say anything about a 16 ohm load and I was wondering if it's OK to put one (16 ohm load) on it. Although it would look cool,,, 2x12 on bottom,, slant 4x12 middle and combo on top!

Latest posts

Back