OD Pedal for F30

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSandman

Reaction score
I have an F30 combo and was looking into a OD pedal for a little more gain at lower volumes? Anyone have any good recommendations? I heard the bad monkey, Fulltone OCD, or the Maxon OD is nice.

Hi

I had an F-50 combo for some time and used the mxr zw od in front. It did the trick for me but the amp wasn't right so I traded it but kept the od :D

I've been using a Keeley TS9 in front of my F-30 and I'm completely in love with it. I always really dug the amp but now it really seems 'complete' to me. It's worth noting that I use a EV loaded Thiele with the F-30 head. The Tube Screamer might be too nasal for the open combo setup.

I finally ended up with the BB Preamp from Xotic. Kind of pricey but you can turn the gain down and use it for a clean booster, or with a little bit of volume on the clean channel I can cop the same tones from my LSC.

Geiri said:
Hi

I had an F-50 combo for some time and used the mxr zw od in front. It did the trick for me but the amp wasn't right so I traded it but kept the od :D

I actually tried a ZW OD with my F-30 when I had it and it sucked the bottom end out no matter what settings I used... I forgot about that when you asked me earlier, Sandman, my bad.

The BBE Green Screamer works really well with my F-30. I tried my SD Twin Tube and my Fulltone GT-500 but the Green Screamer works best with that amp for me.
Art

MusicManJP6 said:
Geiri said:
Hi

I actually tried a ZW OD with my F-30 when I had it and it sucked the bottom end out no matter what settings I used... I forgot about that when you asked me earlier, Sandman, my bad.

Well the F-50 combo sounds a lot fatter than the F-30. Lot more mud going on there. I actually liked the F-30 more. :D

It kind of depended on the guitar for me. With a strat I liked my Sparkledrive (which is basically a tubescreamer) but it felt way too middy with no bass when I used a gibson style guitar.

I like the OCD now, and it works pretty well for either guitar.

I also like just using Channel 2!

NDRU said:
It kind of depended on the guitar for me. With a strat I liked my Sparkledrive (which is basically a tubescreamer) but it felt way too middy with no bass when I used a gibson style guitar.

I like the OCD now, and it works pretty well for either guitar.

I also like just using Channel 2!

TheSandman said:
I have an F30 combo and was looking into a OD pedal for a little more gain at lower volumes? Anyone have any good recommendations? I heard the bad monkey, Fulltone OCD, or the Maxon OD is nice.

BOSS SD1, TS808, very good pedals in the F30.

Guitar does make a difference in regards to how an Amp/Effects will sound.
I JUST bought a Bad Monkey after reading about it on this board...
IT'S THE BEST $50 PEDAL OUT THERE!!!! i love it!

I'd like to amend my answer and say that I haven't been liking the OCD with the F-30 lately. It sounds all fizzy & metallic (not Metallica!)

The Sparkledrive sounds pretty good. Much more natural.

Back