OD / Boost pedal - Advice please!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

visualrocker69

Reaction score
Hi! I'm looking for a pedal that will give me a bit more saturation & sustain on solos. Something that will push the tubes a bit more, I guess. Some possible candidates that come to mind are Ibanez Tubescreamer modded by Keeley or Analogman, BB Preamp (anyone tried the new one?) and Fulltone Full Drive 2.

Any suggestions? Comparisons would be nice, from those of you that have had to opportunity to try different stuff.

I haven't made up my mind whether or not I want the midrangey character of the TS and similar stuff. Perhaps. Let's see what you guys have to say.

By the way - I'm running a Triaxis & 2:90 through a 4x12 traditional recto cab. But that might change soon... getting a bit frustrated with it in several ways. I'll give it another month and then post here asking for advice/suggestions regarding that issue. But let's just say that right now it looks like I might be making a dramatic switch to something like a Custom Audio 3+ SE or an Engl preamp or SOMETHING through a VHT power amp. :shock:

It's personal preference with clean boosting, but when I do it, I still love my Boss DS-1, but the Fulltone OCD and BB Preamp, are both amazing as well. I can't speak for the modded tube screamers, but the reissue TS808's are great, so are the TS9's for that matter. I find myself using my cheap little bad monkey and ds-1 the most though.

ive got keeley mods DS-1 and TS9. I agree, i prob favour the DS-1. The bb preamp is good but i think it sounds better as standalone distortin (think andy timmons) although im sure its great as a boost too. Personally i dont think they make that much difference to your actual sound so just get the most transparent one to your ears

Back