: O

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgventura

Reaction score
So, this guy says he has 5 brand new, in the box triple rectos and he's selling them for $800 a pop. Can you say STOLEN? Must be like, from the truck or something? But even so... would it be bad to buy one :oops: ?

I would not blame or hold anyone purchasing them at that price. But they sound like they're stolen.

But me personally, I would not feel comfortable purchasing stolen goods. I don't know if its because I have a decent salary and just not my ethics to purchase stolen good.

Ya i think so too, i mean, he's local... but still, althought it's an insane price, i don't think i could get stolen crap... hell, im not even sure if it's stolen, but come on, who in their right mind would sell 5 brand new rectos for $800, seriously.

They definately have a stolen label on them. I don't think i would buy stolen goods, just wouldn't be right. I agree with you also, i don't think someone is gonna have 5 brand new rectos for one and if so wouldn't be selling them all, and even again if so not at $800.

jgventura said:
Ya i think so too, i mean, he's local... but still, althought it's an insane price, i don't think i could get stolen crap... hell, im not even sure if it's stolen, but come on, who in their right mind would sell 5 brand new rectos for $800, seriously.

No one would, that's over half off.

Somewhere there's a guitar center missing 5 triple recs.

On second thought, if he has any recto cabinets half off then send me a PM...lol

Platypus said:
No one would, that's over half off.

Somewhere there's a guitar center missing 5 triple recs.
(Me hypocrite) Well that's different, let me in! :lol: Never did like that one Guitar Center shop I used to visit.

Ask for some serial #'s. If he's legit, he'll give them to you. (but i'd call mesa once you get them anyway just to check. that way you can say you tried)

good luck

stolen goods purchased knowing they were stolen brings about bad karma...i have learned numerous times the hard way. buy one of those amps and something will go wrong with your rig...or something of equal monitary value will crap out on you and that good deal will turn into a headache. i'm not superstitious either...lol.

If your amp is stolen and the police or the owner track it down, you may not get in trouble, but you will have to give it back to the owner. You have no ownership rights, and you will be out $800.

It isn't just a moral issue, it is a financial risk.

Back