Noob Question, retubing 2 90

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lennyx

Reaction score
hey, I'm new to this, I heard a few things on forums, some ppl say I need to get mesa tubes only, than I call eurotubes and he said its not true, they sell a full retube kit, he said u just pop them in without a bias aswell.

1, does this mean that I can use any matched pair of 6L6's and pop them in without a bias? also the retube kit is like 154$, is that a good price, anyway to get them cheeper,

also where are the other 3 tubes, not the Octet of 6L6sl. i assume i have to open up the PA

matched pairs its a nonsense created to sell more tubes.
you can buy one tube today and another one next month.
No problem at all

Dude what kind of question is it !!!!???
If you cant see tubes,they are inside of chassi.
Maybe they are at clouds !

For gods sake,its obvious !

You can't use just any 6L6s.

The kit from Eurotubes is a a great Deal. Mesa wants $42 per pair for 6L6s. Just make sure to order the kit for the 2:90 because the tubes are matched to the 2:90's spec.

The 3 AX7 tubes are inside. You have to open it up. Make sure it is unplugged and don't touch anything in there but the tubes for your safety from electrical shock.

Just be careful when inserting new tubes because it's easy to break them if you push to hard.

8)

Back