NOMAD Speaker question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gearboy

Reaction score
So I picked up a Nomad 100 head that I'm really liking so far. Has it's pros and cons, but really sounds good live (lots of hours tweaking though).
Question is, what speaker / cabinet is this best mated? I am running it with an 8 ohm Bogner 2x12 w / V30's and it sounds good, but a tad on the bright side....
Thanks

I think the V-30's are a great spkr, but if you want something darker, I would say maybe the Celestion C-90 that is made for Mesa, and sometimes referred to as an MC-90 (Mesa Celestion). imho it is a bit darker sounding spkr. the EVM12L's (Electro Voice) are cool too, though pricey. There is the Zakk Wylde version or newly re-issued classic original version that Mesa used to use. You can find them used on ebay usually.

Other than that, there are many choices, ie: Weber who makes great spkrs, and Eminence also has some new V-12's that George Lynch helped design that I have been told are good, but i have not heard them yet.

If you went to a 4x12 you might want to consider the Cel. G-12H (they are rated @ 30 watts.

all the best,
Force

+1 for the MC90.
I replaced mine with a V30 for awhile (Nomad 45 1x12) but the MC90 is more direct, meaner.

I use my Nomad with a 2x12 Carvin Legacy cab that originally came with V30s. Tone was OK but nothing more. Lead tone was great though but I didn't like the clean tone. Swapped one of the V30s with a G12H30, much better, more balanced.

But now I've put the MC90 and an Eminence Texas Heat in the 2x12 and I like it even better.

I'm waiting for an Eminence Red White & Blues (should come in soon I hope) that could be good in combination and as a 1x12 too.
Texas Heat as the only speaker is not quite, clean is good fat and punchy but lead is too tubby.

Fabien

Back