Nomad 45 2x12 Solo Boost Issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jared

Reaction score
My friend's Nomad 45 Solo boost is somehow stuck at FULL volume, regardless of knob position. Good thing we noticed it before a gig.

I told him it might be the pot. Has anyone ever had this happen on this or any Mesa?

I was recommending he take it to the local shop. The amp is past the 5 yr warranty, for what it's worth.

the pot is wired as a variable resistor in that spot so if the pot went bad it would leave the boost stuck on all the way. Except you should be able to switch it out with the foot pedal.

That sounds exactly like what's going on. He hit the footswitch for solo boost and it went to full volume. It's still footswitchable, but only all or nothing. I'll tell him it's more than likely the pot that should be replaced. Is this a special part direct from Mesa that only an authorized Mesa tech can do? Or can anyone familiar with amps perform this work. It's older than 5 years so would that matter?

Thanks.

i should just be a 250K audio pot nothing special and no signal is going threw it except signal that is being dumped to ground. You could even use a a plan old resistor between 0-250K obviously 0 would be no boost and 250K full on, but maybe not as much as what he is getting depending on how the pot broke.

He maybe even able to fix the pot if it's just comming apart from getting bumped to hard. Before opening the amp unplug from the wall leave the speaker hooked up and flip on the power and stand by to play. This always discharges the caps in my nomad HD. It would still be a good idea to check the big cab in the back with a meter before putting your hands in the amp.

He hit the footswitch for solo boost and it went to full volume.

Bet that was a shock. How long did it take you to find all of your fillings? :D

The pot should be easy to replace. But, make sure you Nomad100hd's instructions, and make sure you use a meter. I've been working on amps for years, occasionally I get careless and knock the hell out of myself. :lol: Not so funny when it happens.

Any semi-decent tech should have the pot on hand. It should only take about 1/2 an hour to change at the most.

Back