noisy Recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryan_kilco

Reaction score
hey all, got a quick question here.

our other guitarist has a Dual Recto Solo head running thru a Mesa 4x12 Recto cab.

amp sounds great, but it is pretty noisy when he isnt playing anything. He runs a Boss NS-2 gate pedal, same as I have, before the amp.

Im wondering...this sounds like a tube issue? one of the preamp tubes looks really dim....

plus, when he flips it from ON to Standby, it makes a pretty loud POP.

You've got an issue somewhere. I use a Maxon OD808 (output on max) in front of all the Dual Recto's I've owned, and using the BOSS NS-2, every single one of them have been dead silent, even standing next to them with the volume cranked on the dirty channel. In fact, the Recto's have consistently been the most quiet high gain amps I've had pass through. Noisy tubes are a possibility.

Changing the output tubes healed the POP in my amp when turning standby off. So I wouldn't say it's normal - at least not for my DC-5.

I had a real noisy, fuzzy, crackly sound in my recto for the longest time. I did a full retube with jj's and it amazingly went away. I run a hush before the amp, so now everything is dead silent.

Tell him to change the tubes.

-Chris

sounds like microphonic tubes... although it could just be dirty power due to the room your in and runnin alot of gear thru the same circuit. I know with me runnin a stereo rig i have some additional noise but its never too bad. if you got cash get sum tubes otherwise deal with it :lol:

oh and btw go pickup an isp decimator g string or pro rack g...you can thank me later :lol:

Latest posts

Back